Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-05-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Your gaming backlog

The COD thread and my under repair 360 have got me thinking about the huge backlog of games I have right now due to the awesome selection recently. As someone in the COD thread said, it's a really good thing Grand Theft Auto has been delayed until next year.

So, what games do you have/getting shortly and what do you have left to accomplish that you are falling behind on? I have no idea how I am going to attack my list...

- NHL 08: About 3/4 of a season to go minimum, would like to play online, but not sure how much I'll be able to handle. I would love to play the dynasty for a few years, but that's likely not happening.
- Madden 08: Just finished 1 season. I really don't like playing this online, but I still want to play a season or two more on my dynasty.
- Beautiful Katamari: It arrived at my house on the same day my 360 shipped out. It's a short game, but it's one I'll be picking up here and there to play.
- Guitar Hero II: I'm only about halfway through Hard. I want to at least finish expert.
- Guitar Hero III: I haven't bought this yet, but I might once my 360 is back and switch back and forth from 2 and 3.
- Halo 3: Still need to pass on Legendary and want to play a bunch online.
- Mass Effect: I have it preordered and I know it's going to suck away a lot of hours.

There's other games I probably should check out too, but there's no way I'll have the time.
Old 11-05-2007, 10:28 PM

Default Re: Your gaming backlog

at the end of summer I started Final Fantasy XII (i think?) on ps2 and im replaying ocarina of time on n64.

i got like halfway through each before classwork picked back up and i had to put both aside. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-05-2007, 10:51 PM

Super Paper Mario: Have like 3 of the heart things, on hold for awhile while I play more fun games
Eternal Sonata: Maybe 1/3 of the way through? Fun game but then I got Halo 3, also on backlog
Resident Evil 4: Just beat the main game, still have side games to play through
Metroid Prime 3: Still unopened
Zelda (whatever the Wii one is): Still unopened
Orange Box: Beat Portal, haven't touched ep 1/2 (I played the main game on PC way back when), only played a little TF2
Halo 3: Still play a decent amount
Super Mario Galaxy: Pre-ordered
Mass Effect: Pre-ordered
My life: owned
Old 11-05-2007, 10:57 PM

COD4, Crysis, Mass Effect, Soldier of Fortune Payback, Blacksite Area 51, Sim Cites Societies(laugh all you want, but I often enjoy these kind of games), Kane And Lunch, Fear Files..
Old 11-05-2007, 11:37 PM

good topic.

Right now I'm switching between GHIII, Bioshock, and Gears of War.

I still haven't opened Medal of Honor, barely played Fifa 08, way behind on Forza 2, haven't opened Oblivion(this makes me cringe)

I still need to buy Saint's Row, and probably Assassin's Creed next week.

This stupid job is getting in my way.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:43 PM

I am under same problem as OP. XBOX is shipped off in cardboard coffin and I have a ton of unfinished games [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2007, 12:29 AM

We'll go back a ways.

FFVII, FFX-2 (want to get into it, I try about every 3 months), FFXII (actually got pretty far before I stopped), Metal Gear 3 (I bought it for the NES versions, but I will eventually play it), Resident Evil IV (Wii - decent game, but I have trouble seeing things - frustration), Paper Mario 64 (on the 'flower' level), Suikoden III (got to some part where I had to split my party - frustration ensued), Bully (interesting game, but once I put it down, it never called me back)

I did pretty much beat Zack and Wiki, so there's an accomplishment.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:50 AM

I never finished the last city on Scarface (PS2) . . .

Other than that . . .

- Halo 3
- Orange Box (4 games total)

Not bad . . .

I know I'll end up buying COD4 too.
Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 AM

This is a funny topic since I've thought a lot about it lately. It's just such a great time for video games right now.

I finished Bioshock, Eternal Sonata, GHII (finished for me means I passed Expert) and the DS Zelda over the last couple months. I'm currently playing GHIII, but I've already pre-ordered Mario Galaxy, Assassin's Creed and Mass Effect. Those three (with GHIII) should keep me busy into January I'm thinking. Then there's the want-to-plays: Shivering Isles (Oblivion expansion) and Orange Box, plus I've still never played Gears of War or any of the Halos.

So with all this I see myself as easily booked solid until Mario Kart for the Wii comes out.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:25 AM

How'd you like Eternal Sonata?

Right now I'm still blasting away at Halo 3, Blue Dragon and a few arcade games (E4 and Puzzle Quest!). On the queue are: Mass Effect, Eternal Sonata (maybe - haven't heard too many positive things about it, but I LOVED the demo), Call of Duty 4, Lost Odyssey, Oblivion: Shivering Isles, Warriors Orochi, Beautiful Katamari, Assassins Creed, Orange Box and Guitar Hero 3. And so many I'm looking forward to beyond those. Great time for gaming right now. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]