Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: knocking a chick up, hypothetical situation

AFAIK, she can put any damn name on the birth certificate that she wants to. They just ask who the father is, not for proof (or even if he's been informed).

Courts have ruled repeatedly that you are not paying child support to the mother, but to the child. Because of this, a father can and will be hit up for support regardless of the circumstances of conception. It is not the child's fault that Mom is an idiot/ho/liar/criminal. I've heard of one case where the mother was convicted of statuatory rape for having sex with the father, and he was still expected to support the child.

BTW: The cute liitle waiver is completely useless. A court will never enforce an "unconsciable" contract (and every court would rule that contract to be one). At best, you could sue the woman for repayment after the child was grown. You'd lose, but you could sue (and likely make "News of the Weird).
Old 09-12-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've heard of one case where the mother was convicted of statuatory rape for having sex with the father, and he was still expected to support the child.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something is wrong here.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:59 PM

i'm going to guess that by law you are still responsible for the child.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Also, and I didn't want to tell you guys this because I paid good money for my contract, make sure there's a clause in there saying that if the female refuses to abide by the guidelines she can be punished by 18 years worth of restitution totaling 20% of the man's gross yearly salary.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now, I'm assuming your joking since the idea of making a girl you've just met recently sign a contract before putting it in her is brilliant(lol), but i can't imagine this not getting thrown out in court... she was drunk, didn't have a lawyer present to explain the details to her blah blah... you're fk'd.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:16 PM

My lawyer buddy told me about a case they learned in school where one professor seduced another, gave him a bj then impregnated herself with that semen and sued him for child support. She won because the semen was ruled to be a 'gift' and therefore, the male was not entitled to get it back.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Courts have ruled repeatedly that you are not paying child support to the mother, but to the child. Because of this, a father can and will be hit up for support regardless of the circumstances of conception. It is not the child's fault that Mom is an idiot/ho/liar/criminal. I've heard of one case where the mother was convicted of statuatory rape for having sex with the father, and he was still expected to support the child.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand how it is not the child's fault if the mom is a liar or a [censored] who lied and basically committed fraud to get pregnant and wants the guy to foot the bill for the next 18 years. However, the problem is that since the courts have basically turned a blind eye to any kind of real justice in that of holding women responsible and punishing them for essentially committing conception fraud in many cases, this only increases the probability that such actions will continue to be used by women. Typically a society should punish actions that it deems undesirable, so that they occur less, I guess not when it comes to holding women responsible for their bodies, although they definitely understand the concept of holding men responsible for what women decide to do with their bodies.

And people talk about "doing the right thing", isn't doing the right thing in terms of society and what's best for a child... isn't the right thing to NOT have manipulative women being able to trap guys they barely know, or guys that they know do not want to be fathers at this stage in their lives, into being fathers and paying for them to raise the bastard kid. I guess I'm old fashion but i think a child deserves two parents that actually love each other, and want to start a family together, and i think that since the courts don't hold women accountable at all, we are getting less and less of this ideal child raising concept.

The reality is that any woman with half a brain in this country that really doesn't want to get pregnant, wont get pregnant! They have a nearly full proof form of birth control, that only requires them to take a tiny little pill once a day, and this form of birth control is typically covered by insurance or free clinics in most places, so it's nearly free. If guys had this same option, magically unwanted pregnancy would go way way down! Yeah, [censored] magic my ass, it's called fraud prevention. Hopefully some day we'll have it, until than all we got is the rubbers or the snip.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The reality is that any woman with half a brain in this country that really doesn't want to get pregnant, wont get pregnant! They have a nearly full proof form of birth control, that only requires them to take a tiny little pill once a day, and this form of birth control is typically covered by insurance or free clinics in most places, so it's nearly free. If guys had this same option, magically unwanted pregnancy would go way way down! Yeah, [censored] magic my ass, it's called fraud prevention. Hopefully some day we'll have it, until than all we got is the rubbers or the snip.

[/ QUOTE ]

remembering to pop a pill every single day is a lot harder than it sounds. but hey, i hear a male contraceptive pill is on the way:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/ar...in_page_id=1770

eta 10 years or so
Old 09-12-2007, 07:31 PM

I don't understand how it can be that difficult? Is it hard for you to remember to put on deodorant everyday? is it hard to for you to remember to brush your teeth, put on makeup(assuming you're a girl), do your hair etc... You put it in your bathroom on the counter and how could you ever forget, I'd say the typical girl spends at least half an hour a day in the bathroom, and in this time you can't remember to take a tiny little pill from the case thats sitting out next to the sink?

If we had male birth control pill, i think i could take it easily 99.9% of the time. Hell, I've been taking vitamin type supplements for years, and I'd estimate that i take them 98% of the time, and this is considering that i know it's no big deal if i miss a day... but it only takes 10 seconds, how hard is it?
Old 09-12-2007, 07:51 PM

it's easy enough with a routine, but little things like staying over at a partner's place or staying late at a party or whatever really does make it hard to remember imo.

meh, maybe i'm just more disorganised than most :\
Old 09-12-2007, 08:22 PM

Seconding vasectomy here. So glad I got one.

Bottom line dudes, you gotta either *really* trust who you stick it in not to pull this stuff, be sterile or be prepared to pay some child support. No other real options.

KJS