Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 PM

Default Re: Pink Floyd Fans -How much money to never hear them again

this is a tough question. i like money, but i can't imagine going the rest of my life without listening to my favorite band (not referring to pink floyd specifically here). i could go a year or so for pretty much any amount though. bob dylan would be the toughest for me.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i love pink floyd, but could certainly live without them for any reasonable sum...i'd say $10k would do the trick.

*edit* hell maybe even $5k...as it is i only hear them on the radio nowadays anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, the question for you would be the Dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't listen to the dead nearly as much as i used to. they still hold a very special place in my heart though, because they were the stepping stone for everything i do listen to now. although pink floyd was an even earlier stepping stone for me, so i don't know. i love discovering new music, so what i'm listening to the most changes constantly. for example i listen to a lot of umphrey's mcgee, state radio, and john butler trio right now. i think i really prefer to listen to bands i can still go see live, and i'm sorry but ratdog just sucks.

you know what, i think i'm just not going to answer the question. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 10-09-2007, 06:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcAa-rnulkw
Old 10-09-2007, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is a tough question. i like money, but i can't imagine going the rest of my life without listening to my favorite band (not referring to pink floyd specifically here).

[/ QUOTE ]
My Morning Jacket, amirite?

I'm one of those people who wouldn't take any amount of money to give up the bands I loved. Music is too important to me, and I'm not just saying that. You could probably get me to give up some mediocre bands for a decent sum, though.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
(Umphrey's McGee, I'm sure most haven't heard of them)

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT, UM is groundbreaking on so many levels. They play everything from metal to bluegrass to funk to techno. Jake is IMO one of the best guitarists ever to see live.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, they are completely different from any other band out there, which is why I would have trouble never hearing them again. Jake is awesome and Brendan's not far behind.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:58 PM

i listened to this umphrey's mcgee band and they aren't all that awful, but if that's the one band you could never live without, LOL.

but i guess some people can't live without two joe satriani wannabes playing in a DMB tribute band.

'they play everything from metal to bluegrass to funk to techno'... translation: they don't write songs, they stick a bunch of disparate sounding vamps together and take turns playing solos.

they're really not a bad band, they're pretty tight musically and they all know how to play, just really nothing that holds my interest whatsoever.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:06 PM

umph is really a band you need to see/hear live to truly appreciate...much like the dead.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
umph is really a band you need to see/hear live to truly appreciate...much like the dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever i see this argument i basically read it as, "you have to be into jam bands to like this band."

i love live music. for me, live is better than in the studio virtually always. but if i like a band i will like their album, too, provided it isn't recorded like utter crap.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

whenever i see this argument i basically read it as, "you have to be high enough to become one with the music, man."

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 10-09-2007, 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is a tough question. i like money, but i can't imagine going the rest of my life without listening to my favorite band (not referring to pink floyd specifically here).

[/ QUOTE ]
My Morning Jacket, amirite?

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct... can't imagine never listening to them again. a million dollars is a lot of money, though.