Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: The Well: nation

Didnt you use to play exclusively on stars? Why the switch to FTP?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:06 PM

What is your 3betting range from the blinds when a 30-50bb stack open raises in LP? What is your calling range?
Old 11-08-2007, 07:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is your pov on 3 betting?

I think my blind play is my biggest leak. What advice can you offer when playing in the blinds?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 3-betting should be reserved (we're not talking premiums here) in position against a hijack or CO player or out of the blinds when the button raises and it's folded to him. I get a lot of folds by attacking the stealers.

The biggest advice I can give in battle of the blinds is be aggressive. keep raising pf or potting when they show weakness.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:24 PM

do you listen to music while you play? if so what are your favorite poker playing jams. favorite non-poker jams?

whats your favorite movie

what is the most motivational thing that ever happened to you in your poker career (maybe something you read/witnessed/etc.)
Old 11-08-2007, 07:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you nationz on FTP?
What is your ptbb/100 at NL200?
Do you have plans to start a poker sweat shop like Chuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am not nationz on FTP. I've run at 3.6 over my past 64k hands. I am running awful at the moment in showdown pots. I have had one losing day since starting back up on Oct 17th.

Chuck does not run a poker sweatshop. He and his friends chop their action. I have no plans of staking anyone, I am only interested in my own action.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides playing what steps did you take to improve your game while you were building a roll?
What do you do to improve your game now?

[/ QUOTE ]

The biggest thing that helped me was having close friends who were serious about poker. Reading the boards is invaluable but actually talking and arguing about better lines is huge for me as far as thinking about the game better.

Right now, I like reading other people's posts and seeing how their thinking process. Even if I don't agree with their line, it gives me insight into how some players think and that in turn helps me assign ranges better.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How are you liking living in Vegas the second time around?
Do you see yourself continuing to bounce between live and online play? What do you like about each one?
Did you ever talk to my masseuse from Ceasar's Palace again?
Will there be another one of those 2+2 donk games at next years WSOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it a lot more because a ton of my friends have moved out here. I have lost a lot of weight recently so my social life with women is better, I have more confidence, so I am enjoying life in general a lot more.

I suspect I will not be playing live seriously anymore, unless I am playing a juicy 5-10 or 10-20 game. I am making ~$150/hour including rb playing 200nl online now. At 2/5 nl, I'm not sure I could clear $35/hour. The tips, rake, and hands/hour just don't make it worth it.

No, I never talked to her again [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I haven't been to Caesar's since that night.

I forgot you were GiantBuddha! Didn't put two and two together...hit me up next time you're in town bud.

YES we will definitely do that again...lot of fun even though I got worked.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you regret dropping out of school and having a degree to fall back on if poker fails for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I did for a bit when I realized I was down to 8k. That's mostly because all of a sudden I lost confidence because I hadn't played much. I got scared that I might go broke and would have to go back to school.

However, once I got back in the saddle, everything came back quickly and playing poker is like printing money to me. Most of my friends with college degrees are doing nothing in their field and making very little money. I'm confident I've made the right decision. I may go back to school later just to learn to invest my money.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I adjust to the regulars better than other players. Many regs are content to just give up or fold because they have other stuff going on and they can find better spots. I don't mind going to war with them. Also my blind play is exceptional.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes your blind play so exceptional, and how did it become so? I think most full ring regulars are pretty terrible in the blinds, myself included. Is your willingness to go to war with them part of what gives you such an edge in the blinds? Also, have you played much 6-max and did that help with improving blind play? And approximately how many FRNL hands have you played lifetime?

I think I missed a paragraph break there somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think playing a decent amount of 6 max last year and earlier this year helped my play with marginal hands a lot. That coupled with my fr experience has really helped my game as far as assigning people to ranges and exploiting them. I'm just better at hand reading than most of the fr regs imo.

I've played probably around 600k full ring hands. I'm not sure where all that money went. Last year I played 6 max and started at 3/6 for some reason and dropped like 15k. This year I've spent a lot and not played much. I'm a retard. One of my major goals is severely curbing my unnecessary spending.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didnt you use to play exclusively on stars? Why the switch to FTP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that without being supernova (as I didn't play enough this year on stars, only 65k vpps), it would be better value to play on FTP for rb. Little did I realize that the games are 100x better on ftp. So many awful half stacks playing the games. On stars I would recognize 8 players on the table...ftp doesn't have nearly as many regs.