Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: Nick Hogan

Lot of morons in this thread. This kind of thing happens all the time, just because he is rich, and in the limelight makes it no different from the XX amount of times this happens per day. The kid is 17 years old, which one of you self righteous douche bags are going to tell me you didn think you were invincible when you were that age? Its a [censored] situation, but open your eyes. When I was that age, I did that crap all the time, so do half of the kids in the US, its not like the guy was forced into that seat, people make choices, this was unfortunate for him in teh end, but dont tell me 99% of you idiots didnt have never done something this reckless and stupid when you were that young.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:46 PM

So you don't think being on a reality show, being the son of a massive celebrity and having your dad buy you any car you want contributed to this at all?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you don't think being on a reality show, being the son of a massive celebrity and having your dad buy you any car you want contributed to this at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Im guessing it had a very minimal impact. Tons of my friends were into that crap, and did way dumber stuff than this kid, supping up VW Golfs, muscle cars etc, and these guys were just stupid car nuts, who werent rich, werent on tv, they just worked, and built cars, and raced around town in them. the kid would probably have the same hobby if he was poor, etc, in fact, Id bet he would be more likely to have it as its usually hoosiers and rednecks that love this kind of stuff.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lot of morons in this thread. This kind of thing happens all the time, just because he is rich, and in the limelight makes it no different from the XX amount of times this happens per day. The kid is 17 years old, which one of you self righteous douche bags are going to tell me you didn think you were invincible when you were that age? Its a [censored] situation, but open your eyes. When I was that age, I did that crap all the time, so do half of the kids in the US, its not like the guy was forced into that seat, people make choices, this was unfortunate for him in teh end, but dont tell me 99% of you idiots didnt have never done something this reckless and stupid when you were that young.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, were the morons. By any chance, are you from or do you live in NY?
Old 10-10-2007, 07:58 PM

Totally right guids.

In high school once, my drunk friend wanted to take his passed out girlfriend's car for a ride at around 3 am. He invited me along. He topped out at around 120 mph on the highway with me in the passenger seat. The point of this story is reaffirming guids in that, yes a ton of young people do this kind of stuff (luckily I didn't die).

Also, tons of my friends have been in speed/reckless related car accident, they just were lucky enough to not have serious injuries.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:33 PM

I had a couple schoolmates and friends die from driving recklessly. It's pretty common in high school, but that doesn't mean it isn't totally douchey. High school is just a real douchey period of teenagers' lives.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:39 PM

I think the difference here is that his parents encouraged the fact that he raced. They bought him lessons and let him join a league with a real race car. Yeah, most kids do stupid things and this sort of thing isn't rare at all, but did your parents know you were doing this type of crap? I know if I got a ticket for going 100 mph, my parents would have made me turn in my license. IMO it's totally reckless to give a 17 year old kid a [censored] Supra and let a kid drive a race car without having a zero tolerance policy on getting speeding tickets on the street.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had a couple schoolmates and friends die from driving recklessly. It's pretty common in high school, but that doesn't mean it isn't totally douchey. High school is just a real douchey period of teenagers' lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
Same thing happened in my school. A couple of kids decide to drag race and lose control. It would be nice to externalize this type of stuff and blame his celebrity for an car collision like this, but we would be lying to ourselves. People make these foolish moves all the time and it's a damn shame that their mistakes end up hurting more than just themselves.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the difference here is that his parents encouraged the fact that he raced. They bought him lessons and let him join a league with a real race car. Yeah, most kids do stupid things and this sort of thing isn't rare at all, but did your parents know you were doing this type of crap? I know if I got a ticket for going 100 mph, my parents would have made me turn in my license. IMO it's totally reckless to give a 17 year old kid a [censored] Supra and let a kid drive a race car without having a zero tolerance policy on getting speeding tickets on the street.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly think thats good parenting, at least that part of it. If my friends parents would have encouraged my friends to take lessons, hammer home the point only do this stuff on a track etc, I think its better than the atitude most parents adopt of "we know whats going on, but we dont want to". I dont know exactly what his parents did or did not do, but this has nothing to do with being a celebrity, it has everything to do with being a 17 year old teenage punk. [censored] happens, but not because you guys are jealous of him being rich.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, were the morons. By any chance, are you from or do you live in NY?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I live where I see things for what they are, where do you live?