Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 09:23 AM

Default Re: Lego Poker training videos....a joke?

[ QUOTE ]
he is a good poker mind and, like anyone, his first video will have some errors just from experience with conveying thoughts out loud. not all of us are as gifted as greg and his silky smooth voice [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, when I watched this I didn't get the impression that he didn't know what he was talking about or isn't a good player, I got the impression that he's just inexperienced at making videos and it showed a bit. I imagine this would be the case with alot of players.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
gder01 launched his poker training site a few months ago.

check it out, they are all free, and he is usulaly 1 step ahead of the competition.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gder01

[/ QUOTE ]

damn you, john voight. damn you.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM

I debated on how to respond best to your thread 05, and I'm not sure how to. For what its worth, I do believe I played a bit overaggro in a few spots, mostly because I knew this would be a sample video and wanted to make it interesting. Perhaps I pushed things to far, and should have toned it down a bit, but as the cards fell off, I felt each decision to fire a 2nd barrel was distinctly +EV. As for the 12 beers comment, I'm not really sure exactly what I said, but it may have been a comment because I slightly recognized the name from previous sessions would lead to me to believe he was a TAG. If you have the time or exact quote, I could tell you more. I also was obviously skittish during this. Making videos is not my forte, and I hope to get better with each progressive one. So yes, there may have been some glaring erros, but I would definately prefer you bringing them up to me now so I can do better videos in the future. As for the "kinda tight, kinda loose" I don't use PAHUD a ton, so yes, I don't read the stats quite as quick as I might wish. Also, there is a gray area when it comes to stats anyway.

Piece of Cake - Definately not, as I don't think I'd like to bash my own play [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Thanks to anyone who "stuck up" for me though. I obviously do some things that aren't the best at points, and I readily admit that, but at least I got backers!

And 05, as a final thought, one of the reasons my videos might seem a bit "sloppy" while I'm going over a hand is I'm quickly trying to assimilate and say everything about it, and things change a lot. The comment about a board being drawy, well, not so drawy, is because I'm going through all the combos that make particular draws, trying to assess if they make sense based on the person I'm up against, all of that. I'm sorry it bugs you, and I'll, again, attempt to cut that out in the future videos if you still watch them, but poker isn't a game where every situation is just easy to say. Sometimes when I play I just sit there and say hands to myself. Somehow I doubt you want that [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As for the 12 beers comment, I'm not really sure exactly what I said, but it may have been a comment because I slightly recognized the name from previous sessions would lead to me to believe he was a TAG.

As for the "kinda tight, kinda loose" I don't use PAHUD a ton, so yes, I don't read the stats quite as quick as I might wish. Also, there is a gray area when it comes to stats anyway.

The comment about a board being drawy, well, not so drawy, is because I'm going through all the combos that make particular draws, trying to assess if they make sense based on the person I'm up against, all of that.

[/ QUOTE ]

These are 3 of the things that I noticed as being particularly unusual in the commentary. First of all, I appreciate you taking the time to make a reasonable response, not just the gogogoLP spew I've seen so far, long term winners etc...

The subject was not your results but the commentary. I understand you may be inexperienced in doing commentary of your own sessions and there's only one way to fix that for you, and that's to make videos. Although, I still can't imagine LP couldn't have chosen a video with a little more "fluid" commentary for 1 of 2 sample videos for their potential customers.

The post was not intended to bash you or LP. Your comment in this thread thanking the constructive criticism helps your sites' credibility more than I think your co-workers will ever know. GL to you and your site.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:15 AM

As a member of Card Runners and Stoxpoker I think Gregs video is of a high standard. Why do you guys not include any $ info about how much coaching costs for each coach? Having to e-mail is just annoying and off putting.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:21 AM

FWIW, I made no mention of Greg's video in the OP, therefor it should not be mentioned as it has nothing to do with this thread.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I made no mention of Greg's video in the OP, therefor it should not be mentioned as it has nothing to do with this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Op title Leggo Poker training videos....a joke?

You figure it out.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
As a member of Card Runners and Stoxpoker I think Gregs video is of a high standard. Why do you guys not include any $ info about how much coaching costs for each coach? Having to e-mail is just annoying and off putting.

[/ QUOTE ]

Click Coaching->Our Professional Coaches->carrotsnake to see his rates and coaching details. Sorry this is not more obvious. We are working on an advanced coaching area which will help a lot with this and scheduling/payments etc.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Op title Leggo Poker training videos....a joke?

You figure it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT
Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 AM

[/ QUOTE ] Click Coaching->Our Professional Coaches->carrotsnake to see his rates and coaching details. Sorry this is not more obvious. We are working on an advanced coaching area which will help a lot with this and scheduling/payments etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Also, is bobbofittos making videos or just part of the coaching team?