Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 AM

Default PLO Books

are there any good advanced PLO books out?
ive read reubens "how good is your PLO" which is crap imo and slotblooms book which is okish but i dont like the shorstacking part. im not interested in any t.j. cloutier / tom mcevoy books. any suggestions?
Old 10-09-2007, 01:14 AM

Default Re: PLO Books

This thread comes up every few weeks. The search function is your friend.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:26 AM

if its such a common question, why not make something sticky then?
also i tried the search function and didnt get any satisfying results
Old 10-09-2007, 01:30 AM

Because 2+2 is a publishing company and mods can't endorse non 2+2 books.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:31 AM

What you see is what you get, unfortunately. Slotboom is the best out there.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if its such a common question, why not make something sticky then?

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Chaoslord - Good idea.

There is another forum that is more appropriate for the discussion of Omaha books than this Omaha strategy and tactics forum.

That other, more appropriate, forum is the 2+2 "books and publications" forum.

I'll quote Felecia from the FAQs for Omaha-8:[ QUOTE ]
Mason would rather us not use book suggestions in the FAQ. He feels if we suggest 2+2 books, we are promoting their product and that readers will perhaps not see the value in 2+2 books, feeling they were hyped up because of the forum. If we suggest other books, we tend to lead readers to another website, which may have ads and banners which 2+2 does not endorse, yet might lead readers to believe they do endorse, further complicating things.

[/ QUOTE ]We're currently working on a FAQ for this forum. However, I'm not sure that we'll actually give you much help with regard to book selection when we're finished. As you might imagine, there's quite a difference of opinion on this forum (and also on the books and publications forum) about which books are good.

[ QUOTE ]
also i tried the search function and didnt get any satisfying results

[/ QUOTE ]Try this: Type "search" (including the quotation marks) in the search box at the bottom of the forum when you're looking at a listing of posts.

You'll get a listing of posts that will include some mention of books. There are at least four different threads where Omaha books have been discussed on this forum.<ul type="square">August 2007,
March 2007,
January 2007, and
September 2006.[/list]If you click on any of the posts listed that mentions "books" you'll access a thread that will be discussing books.

Some of the posts in these threads will perhaps be helpful to you. However, most are not and you have to sift the wheat from the chaff.

As noted above, there is also a 2+2 books and publications forum you might try. Just type "Omaha" (with the quotes) in the search box of that forum and you'll many more threads about Omaha books than are located on this forum.

Buzz
forum moderator
Old 10-09-2007, 05:02 PM

chaoslord, you will only get worse if you read any books. my guess is ur smart enough already to beat most of the 25-50 stuff online, just put in hands and ull get there.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:36 PM

ty for your kind words, its just that i like to have every information available, i choose for myself what is smart advice and what not. ive read a ton of nlhe books usually taking a few things out of each one while playing my own style and that has improved my game by a lot. id also like to see a chart of starting hands with winning % if all-in. if for example a shortstacker opens on the button and i know hes raising his top 30% of hands which minimum hand do i need to repot from the bb (assuming sb folds) and shove any flop profitably against his 15-20bb stack. i mean i have a pretty good guess but id like to see that in numbers. maybe that can be found somewhere online anyone has an idea?
Old 10-09-2007, 07:33 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post8748932
Old 10-09-2007, 07:56 PM

The problem is that your short stacker could be getting in with kkss/AAss/8764 ds therefore whether jt87ss is way ahead or flipping and whether you should get allin with KKss is a difficult issue. There really is no 30% starting hand chart.