Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: KK in NL cash

I'm not reading this mess of a thread but you said something like "I want an answer that's why I posted". That's not why you posted because you just want to tell people that you're right and their wrong for some reason even though you're a flipping retard.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I looked at my PT stats yesterday for the first time in a while and found that, unsurprisingly, KK has won for me 79% of the times I played it (AA winning 91% of the time). If you are practicing good bankroll management, you are going to make money on KK over the long-term, IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am profitable with KK, of course. But that really wasn't the question at all.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well as I said...you can think about it...maybe it is you rather than them who has gotten too tight?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, someone was suggesting something similar, very possible. Actually I'm not tight, but I had been very very tight with 3 bets. To anyone paying attention that could be pretty important.

Maybe part of the equation is that there are more people paying attention these days.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not reading this ...thread

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't surprise me in the least. Don't let that stop you from drawing conclusions based on it, though.

[ QUOTE ]
That's not why you posted because you just want to tell people that you're right and their wrong for some reason even though you're a flipping retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a complete azz hat. Good day.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:59 AM

I totally agree with you that you will see AA almost always on the fourth raise. If I have KK preflop I will put the third raise in to get information. If I get a call then I might be in trouble on the flop if an ace doesn't come. Recently there has been a lot of semibluff reraising in NL games.

So let's say I make the initial raise to 6/8 with KK and ger reraised to 20ish. Depending on the player I might reraise but many times I will just call. If I do reraise and they push or just call I will check the flop to see their action on the flop.

In response to all the people that say the games are getting harder I totally agree. You can't play on autopilot and make a lot of money anymore. This applies to the NL games. Every game can be opened up. You just have to start raising preflop a lot more but smaller amounts. Eventually people will start getting sick of giving up their blinds and call with weaker hands. This will build pots preflop and give people on draws incentive to call bets and make the pot something worth going after. The key to beating these games is to raise way more often preflop but at smaller amounts then outplay your opponants after the flop. You want to open up your game preflop and play the post flop game the same way you did before. The is especially true at six max NL where many times I will raise half my hands until people start playing flops. The key is to raise only two times the BB and do it a lot. This has the effect of opening up the game tremendously. It also makes you look like you are really loose. You will win the blinds so many times that the game will be really profitable.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:44 PM

nm
Old 03-09-2007, 02:33 AM

I thought I could draw some conclusion by reading your OP. The OP tells me you're likely retarded. You should play Kings hard when you get them and fold them preflop at the right times. I've folded KK preflop 5 times and it don't bother me anymore. I won't fold to an unknown and I won't fold for <75bbs. Just because it's the second nuts preflop doesn't mean you should felt them everytime you get them.

So realize I get what you're saying...but you're saying it in a completely dickheaded way in the responses. The tone of your responses are "I'm right and you're wrong" so why post at all? Who cares if you fold KK preflop? Do it when you feel it's appropriate.
Old 03-09-2007, 10:59 AM

Go and read the SSNL and MicroNL forums, and all the FAQ's and stickies. Different ways to play KK are covered there. I will tell you though, none of them involve folding preflop. This is coming form the combined wisdom of some of the better players in the MSNL games of today. Nothing I have said to this point has been smart ass.

If you don't want to accept this as an answer, then STFU.

That was smart ass.

Ret
Old 03-09-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you don't want to accept this as an answer, then STFU.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at the last 2 azz hats who both act like the ultimate authority, yet completely disagree with each other.
Old 03-09-2007, 02:52 PM

Except my smartassness saw sarcasm.

But, in all seriousness I dont think you want an answer. I think you posted to give an answer to yourself.

Ret