Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Old 11-03-2007, 01:18 AM

Default Re: NYC Poker Robbery and Shooting

[ QUOTE ]
I do know the first name og and some descriptive information about the victim. If you want me to post it I will.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found out who it was thanks to the help of another poster, if its the man I am thinking of its even sadder - he was a good guy. Lets not disclose this on the forum out of respect for his family, tomorrow when it hits the newspapers/TV its fair game - I am 99% positive it will be made public.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:20 AM

Okay.

I'm wondering if this will make the news. Have you gotten any info on his condition?
Old 11-03-2007, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay.

I'm wondering if this will make the news. Have you gotten any info on his condition?

[/ QUOTE ]

nothing yet. One of my contacts just left the management team and the other switched locations so I didn't have a direct in with the new room yet. A third friend was going to be a partner but he backed out. So besides people on the scene and friends who work elsewhere thats all I have access to today for info. This is the first new room in a long time where we didnt have someone on the inside feeding me security details - I am as in the dark as you guys are this time. And I am very sad.

I'd say the chances are very high this will be in the press. I am surprised they let the two of you leave the club, you were witnesses. Contact the precinct, let them know you were there and fill them in. They will need information - you did nothing wrong by being there.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:34 AM

Can't say I saw anything of use. The robbers were masked, and pretty much everyone was down on the floor.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:37 AM

i don't want to post anything inappropriate. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i here the victim did not make it. this comes from a great source
Old 11-03-2007, 01:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i don't want to post anything inappropriate. i hate to be the bearer of bad news, but i here the victim did not make it. this comes from a great source

[/ QUOTE ]

I just got the call, he didn't survive. The shooting was an accident, a robber dropped the gun on the floor and he was shot. This happened while they were going around robbing the players.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:40 AM

he was by far one of the nicest people to ever play at these places. always pleasant
Old 11-03-2007, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
he was by far one of the nicest people to ever play at these places. always pleasant

[/ QUOTE ]

If its who i think it is I agree, used to play with him at Playstation years ago. I'm still trying to confirm that it was him.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:45 AM

everyone i spoke to is describing the same person. i really do think it was him. what a shame.
Old 11-03-2007, 02:03 AM

This question is for TT.

Of course names are forbidden, but can you confirm that this was the place that opened really recently?