Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Default Re: Weather Channel Founder says\"Global Warming is Biggest Scam in His

[ QUOTE ]

Insurance companies aren't the judge and jury just ask John Edwards!! People have a contract with their insurance companies, if they feel they have been defrauded it should not be much of a problem to find an attorney to pursue their case.

[/ QUOTE ]

The goalposts are that way, chief.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Insurance companies aren't the judge and jury just ask John Edwards!! People have a contract with their insurance companies, if they feel they have been defrauded it should not be much of a problem to find an attorney to pursue their case.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably rag on the guy who moved them, not the guy who kicked the ball right down the middle of them.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should probably rag on the guy who moved them, not the guy who kicked the ball right down the middle of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

A lady won a judgement of $2.7 million, later reduced to $480,000 because she spilled hot McDonalds coffee on herself. You don't think poor black victims of insurance fraud couldn't have their day in court if they were indeed defrauded?
Old 11-19-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Mark: Companies don't rip people off. If they do they don't make money.
PLO: Insurance companies rip people off and make money.
Mark: If people think they are getting ripped off they should hire a lawyer.

??
Old 11-19-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A lady won a judgement of $2.7 million, later reduced to $480,000 because she spilled hot McDonalds coffee on herself. You don't think poor black victims of insurance fraud couldn't have their day in court if they were indeed defrauded?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-19-2007, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

???

Mark: Companies don't rip people off. If they do they don't make money.
PLO: Insurance companies rip people off and make money.
Mark: If people think they are getting ripped off they should hire a lawyer.

??

[/ QUOTE ]

I said companies don't prosper by ripping people off. Money is often made ripping people off, just watch 20 - 20 do one of their auto repair scam episodes. Individuals have recourse when they get ripped off, if they take that recourse company's will not prosper.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I said companies don't prosper by ripping people off. Money is often made ripping people off

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found the source of the problem we are having here.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I said companies don't prosper by ripping people off. Money is often made ripping people off

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I found the source of the problem we are having here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The source of the problem is you think if you can find bad apples the system is flawed. I feel the system weeds out bad apples as they inevitably crop up. The only entity that continually rips people off is Government because they can use force to do it.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

You can insult my reasoning as much as you like but my historical facts are plentiful and accurate.

I don't know what to say to that. Facts are meaningless without applying reason. It's how you think about the facts that matters, not the facts themselves.

But you should know that. I thought you were in academia or something like that.

Also, I'm *not* trying to insult you, I'm genuinely trying to point out that your arguments in support of various spending programs rely on a fallacy. You even resort to insulting others for simply understanding that your arguments are fallacious.

A typical exchange with you:
some poster:"Spending govt money on X is a waste".
you: "Are you crazy? the government invented [fill in here] due to their research on X. Do you want to live in a world without that invention?"

"Umm.. your reasoning there is pretty weak"

"You are a fool who doesn't know the facts".

Who's doing the insulting?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey hey hey let's get back on topic. the argument was that the gov could throw money at solar and give the RD a kick in the a** to get it going.

people say, hey gov is no good at going concerns (businesses), which is true, but RD it does have kinda a track record, including the computer, which was developed partially by the gov. well a lot by gov at beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Government has a pretty strong track record when it comes to solar as well. Despite the billions being spent by private industry on solar panel production almost all of the major breakthroughs are occurring with government funding:

Department of Energy NREL
http://www.energy.gov/news/4503.htm
http://www.news.com/Solar-cell-break...3-6141527.html

university of deleware/darpa
http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9752692-7.html

The list goes on and on.

[ QUOTE ]
can't argue with that I don't think. no one is saying the gov can run a computer biz or anything, just that they throw money at something, get it started (like computer), then private industry takes over and runs with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my general opinion. Government excels at creating competition where there is no competition. Windows of opportunity are limited to areas where high initial investments are required such as developing novel technology or investing in projects with gigantic startup costs such as nuclear.

[ QUOTE ]
by computer we're talking eniac or whatever, vacuum tube dealee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Integrated circuits (developed by NASA) are far more advanced than vacuum tube dealees
Old 11-19-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

You can insult my reasoning as much as you like but my historical facts are plentiful and accurate.

I don't know what to say to that. Facts are meaningless without applying reason. It's how you think about the facts that matters, not the facts themselves.

But you should know that. I thought you were in academia or something like that.

Also, I'm *not* trying to insult you, I'm genuinely trying to point out that your arguments in support of various spending programs rely on a fallacy. You even resort to insulting others for simply understanding that your arguments are fallacious.

A typical exchange with you:
some poster:"Spending govt money on X is a waste".
you: "Are you crazy? the government invented [fill in here] due to their research on X. Do you want to live in a world without that invention?"

"Umm.. your reasoning there is pretty weak"

"You are a fool who doesn't know the facts".

Who's doing the insulting?

[/ QUOTE ]

hey hey hey let's get back on topic. the argument was that the gov could throw money at solar and give the RD a kick in the a** to get it going.

people say, hey gov is no good at going concerns (businesses), which is true, but RD it does have kinda a track record, including the computer, which was developed partially by the gov. well a lot by gov at beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

Government has a pretty strong track record when it comes to solar as well. Despite the billions being spent by private industry on solar panel production almost all of the major breakthroughs are occurring with government funding:

Department of Energy NREL
http://www.energy.gov/news/4503.htm
http://www.news.com/Solar-cell-break...3-6141527.html

university of deleware/darpa
http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9752692-7.html

The list goes on and on.

[ QUOTE ]
can't argue with that I don't think. no one is saying the gov can run a computer biz or anything, just that they throw money at something, get it started (like computer), then private industry takes over and runs with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is my general opinion. Government excels at creating competition where there is no competition. Windows of opportunity are limited to areas where high initial investments are required such as developing novel technology or investing in projects with gigantic startup costs such as nuclear.

[ QUOTE ]
by computer we're talking eniac or whatever, vacuum tube dealee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Integrated circuits (developed by NASA) are far more advanced than vacuum tube dealees

[/ QUOTE ]

I like solar, particularly effective in the southwest where I live.

We're going to have some changes in energy policy and that will dictate using less gasoline from fossil fuels. If I remember correctly you're saying that a small additional tax at the pump will provide the capital for government to direct it's resources. Is that right?