Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:40 PM

Default Re: ***Official Ron Paul video thread***

DUN DUN DUNNN! Tancredo for President!! AHHHHHHHH SAVE MEEE!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2007, 03:08 PM

Rich Ron Paul supporter runs full page ad in USA Today
Old 11-13-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Claiming that the rejection of Nazi-support is in itself Nazi-supporting is self-evidently absurd.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no question that giving money back to a "Nazi" group helps them. I'm still amazed that you're supporting helping this "Nazi" group.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If Paul's biggest political position is he follows the constitution to the letter

[/ QUOTE ]

He is ignorant of the constitution! See other posts about some of the statements he made about the constitution of the USA! Don't fall for the elemental trap of an ignorant politician only interested in gaining power through the gap between left and right! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So you already have a thread of your own on this subject, but you're just hovering around in here waiting for any opportunity to say this and hijack this thread (further). Hmm... what does that make you?
Old 11-13-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Troll elsewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a reminder about the politics forum Constitution:
[ QUOTE ]
The Personal Attack rule will be expanded to include calling other users trolls

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that hasn't been enforced since the multi-mod fiasco. Dunno if it's supposed to be or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, that hasn't been enforced since the multi-mod fiasco. Dunno if it's supposed to be or not.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I delete posts like that, sometimes I'm lazy.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It is REALLY unfortunate from a RP PR standpoint that one of the guys that has decided to support Paul is the owner/admin of the website, as they have banner ads up (already mentioned) and have even stickied the RP thread. Ugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is why it's mindboggling that his *personal* donation (he even talks about spending a bunch of money that he needs to keep his own servers up on RP, heh) hasn't been returned. I haven't said a single thing that isn't sheer common sense political strategy, so what's with the thread breaking photos of random Jews rather than acknowledging the fact that this is gonna be an issue for him?

[/ QUOTE ]

I happen to know that the campaign is getting thousands of emails and hundreds of phone calls per day. Frankly, the campaign staff is not competent to handle what is going on right now. Not that they are stupid, but the water keeps rising faster than they can swim or grow the organization right now; the official campaign cannot keep up with a grassroots effort that is frankly driving most of the media interest. It may well be that they end up returning the guy's money when they have a chance to catch their breath and think about it. However, that would be a flip-flop on the previous knee-jerk "If they're dumb enough to donate . . . " position, and I'm sure they would get slammed for that too. Personally I don't think getting slammed for that will look nearly as bad as keeping a few hundred bucks from a nazi. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Not to mention there may be a healthy dose of "don't dignify the story" going on. I know that the Paul campaign is savy enough not to let the opposition set the agenda. For example, the guy running against Paul in the Republican primary for his congressional district sometime back put out a press release calling for the Democrats, and Ron Paul, to condemn the "Betray Us" ad, clearly trying to tie Paul to Democrats and the ad. Paul just ignored it, because responding would have turned it into a story, given attention to the opposition, and justified further attempts to have the Paul camp dance to the opposition's tune.

Given that anyone with a frontal lobe can figure out that regardless of his politics Paul isn't a frigging nazi, the story will probably die, and the Paul campaign will just ignore it, and not dignify it with a response. If it takes some legs, I would expect them to probably end up returning the guy's money and releasing a press release, and then ignore it from then on.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Sometimes I delete posts like that, sometimes I'm lazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't realize that the rule was still in existence.

My apologies.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:59 PM

"On the Sean Hannity radio program, pollster John Zogby said that Texas Congressman Ron Paul could end up surprising the field - and "embarass a lot of the frontrunners" by wildly exceeding expectations taking 15 to 18 percent in the New Hampshire primary.

An incredulous Hannity asked, "You don't see any chance he wins this thing, do you?" Zogby said no."

NR link

HAHAHA!!! If anybody finds an mp3 of this exchange, please post it [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-13-2007, 10:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rich Ron Paul supporter runs full page ad in USA Today

[/ QUOTE ]

Links to ad draft (two-part image):

Bottom

Cost 100k. Will run either Tuesday or Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Wow.