Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 09:01 AM

Default Re: Cheating from the \"Blind\"

[ QUOTE ]
We talked about it and he defended himself by saying that it was virtually impossible to do this. He says that because all of the braille "code" is so similar and because he would be reading it upside down and backwards, it would be very difficult to do.

[/ QUOTE ]

I call [censored] on his defense. Here's how I look at it- if I know the cards are marked and a player knows about the marks, am I letting him deal?

No way in hell. I think ANYONE could start picking up on the marks (backwards-scmackwards) after a while.

Has it affected the play, that you've seen?
Old 09-24-2007, 08:10 AM

Burning a card before any action has been taken takes off the actual idea of that card!
In the league I am playing a lot of players tend to do so as well, but it shouldn't be allowed, 'cause if the card were marked anybody (and the dealer himself at best) could see the card to come!
Old 09-24-2007, 09:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Burning a card before any action has been taken takes off the actual idea of that card!
In the league I am playing a lot of players tend to do so as well, but it shouldn't be allowed, 'cause if the card were marked anybody (and the dealer himself at best) could see the card to come!

[/ QUOTE ]

I know it's completely ridiculous. In fact I think I'll start a new thread.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:13 PM

It has seemed to affect his win rate...although this could just be variance with him running lucky. I guess it was just the idea that I may have been cheated. I have never played in a game where I honestly felt like cheating was going on.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:19 PM

I know it seems so obvious. I just wasn't able to find anything about braille readers being able to cheat this way. Just wanted some input so that I could feel like I am not being too paranoid! Thanks for the feedback.
Old 09-27-2007, 05:39 AM

play a trick on him and give him the 2nd nuts (say quads)and you pull up two different cards to what he dealt you to make a SF maybe. when he bitches you can punch him in the kidneys and tell him cheats never prosper.

and if he has the gall to say that wasn;t the hand he dealt you you've got him

Its a tarp!

Old 09-27-2007, 07:08 AM

You all can cheat easily on him and he has to trust you. So dont bother, if he IS cheating, he gains some advantage, but it shouldnt be too big. And of course the card has to be burned AFTER the preflop action is over.
Old 09-27-2007, 08:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You all can cheat easily on him and he has to trust you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is only true if they are all cheating him. One player can't get away with cheating him if the others aren't cooperative. But he alone can get away with cheating all of them.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:11 AM

I think you handled it fine. There is no reason he should be buring a card before he needs to deal the flop/turn/river. He put himself in a position to be doubted.

The agreement you both came to of him following proper procedure will work for everyone and you can now live happily ever after.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you handled it fine. There is no reason he should be buring a card before he needs to deal the flop/turn/river. He put himself in a position to be doubted.

The agreement you both came to of him following proper procedure will work for everyone and you can now live happily ever after.

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for the likely possibility that he can read each players cards as he pitches them.