Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: stealing my money

If you someday end up having a loosing session ask them to give you half of your losses back and tell them that you don't owe them.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:22 PM

Eh, I dunno, this sounds like one of your standard home game end of the night situations. Considering the OP won't give any details other than "I was so wronged, waaah!" I'm not inclined to side with his extremely biased and rather cryptic tale.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I dunno, this sounds like one of your standard home game end of the night situations. Considering the OP won't give any details other than "I was so wronged, waaah!" I'm not inclined to side with his extremely biased and rather cryptic tale.

[/ QUOTE ]

good point
Old 07-17-2007, 01:59 PM

CALL THE FEDS
Old 07-17-2007, 03:23 PM

yes it is worth slashing tires. Trip report after
Old 07-19-2007, 08:21 PM

I see no reason to leave this game. You claim to be a consistant winner and leaving only hurts your bottom line. Take the screwing with class (I know...life is not fair) and keep taking their money. Poker is not about who likes who or if you feel like the other players are treating you right, it is about taking down pots.

With that said, here is how we handle these situations. Maybe you could suggest this approach and explain to them that not only do you not want to get screwed again, but you don't want anyone else to either.

I play in a regular low limit cash game. I know most of the people, but I am not saying that they would not screw me over if given the chance...lol.

What we do is have one person manage the till and the chips. This person is resposible for balancing the books at the end of the night. If that person leaves, he should stop the game, count the chips and the cash in play and pass the till to another resposible person. Also, when a person buys in, rebuys, or cashes out, a second resposible person verifies the chips and the cash. I know that it sounds like this would really slow the game down, but in reality, it is hardly noticable and it helps keep everyone happy. Now, even with all of this counting and recounting, occasionly we have a discrepency in the payout at the end of the night. What has usually happened is that everyone who is a winner pitches in a little cash to help out the person who would otherwise be getting screwed (we never ask someone who is stuck to pitch in). This way everyone "gets screwed" equally. If they are not willing to do this, then the banker takes it in the shorts. If the banker rotates between players from game to game, everyone has a reason to mamage the till well.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stop the game, count the chips and the cash in play and pass the till to another resposible person

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be easier to know how many chips are in the till to begin with, then just make sure the chips remaining plus the cash works out? Racks help with this tremendously.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
long story short
i play in this game every other day
and usualy make money from it
its a small stakes game where typical buy in is $20 but by the end of the night there is usaly $200 total.

during cash out my "friends" basicaly screwed me out of half my winnings and told me that they dont owe me [censored] and drove away.

whats my line here? obc im not playing with them again but what do i do in this situation?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOLLLLLL
Old 07-19-2007, 11:00 PM

next time they play take the money and RUN!!!!!!! in the middle of the game
Old 07-19-2007, 11:00 PM

then u..

[ QUOTE ]
CALL THE FEDS

[/ QUOTE ]