Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 10:31 PM

Default PSA for winning players

Over the next few days, give consideration to how -ev it is to discuss strategy on forums and in chat boxes. I'm speaking mostly of threads like Renton's well and the one on the front page right now about how to increase vpip.

We play this game to make money. Giving away free information leads to losing money. Please stop.

I expect an unpleasant response from many, but I hope to reach the people who are beating the games (especially Renton, GM, Donk etc).
Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: PSA for winning players

and if they get the printing press next, only god knows what wrath shall lay before us.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:40 PM

post this in every forum please.

you pretty much lurk this one, but if your going to try and tear it down, post this somewhere where they might ban you.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:41 PM

Pretty sure you're missing the point of this website.
Old 10-05-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 PM

I've often thought of this since lots of people play in the games I play but I also realize not many people are good enough to put what they know into practice.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Over the next few days, give consideration to how -ev it is to discuss strategy on forums and in chat boxes. I'm speaking mostly of threads like Renton's well and the one on the front page right now about how to increase vpip.

We play this game to make money. Giving away free information leads to losing money. Please stop.

I expect an unpleasant response from many, but I hope to reach the people who are beating the games (especially Renton, GM, Donk etc).

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you derived your own strategy, independent of any other input, tested and evaluated at your bankroll's expense? (cue tumbleweeds rolling down an empty dirt road)

Have you pointed this out to 2+2 publishing? Anybody who buys a book or browses these forums is ahead of the game, so to speak. It would be great if I could eliminate my opponents' ability to learn from the same sources I've used, but life doesn't work that way. Honestly, I'm jealous of the guys who sweat each other via IM and discuss theory when they're not playing, but I'm not going to roll over because that resource isn't available to me -- I'm going to find another way.

If you find the strategies and tactics espoused by the posters you name difficult to beat, devise your own strategies and tactics to beat them (and maybe you are -- I'm not attacking your ability). With all due respect to them and all the solid advice they've given, they aren't playing perfect poker. No one is, and I doubt anyone can. I suppose it might theoretically be possible in limit holdem, but even then, that's why you play the game. Otherwise, we should just ship our rolls to the best players at each level, right?

It's particularly weak of you to suggest this after you've clearly learned from this forum. How else would you know which posters should bite their tongues?

PS Of course discussing strategy in table chat is idiotic, but no one here does that, except to defend fish while disseminating misinformation. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 11:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt the point of this website to make fun of david sklansky by use of mspaint ?
Old 10-05-2007, 11:20 PM

On a more serious note, the players willing to learn will learn and the donkeys who dont know what stratagy is will spend their time having fun and the tables.

You cant police strategic material and make it mutualy exclusive to people who are either members or have a certain number of posts. Anything posted is posted for all to view and learn from, not just the regular members.

Imo
Old 10-05-2007, 11:28 PM

I'd like to hear from Sgt Jake again.
He's not an idiot so he must see the obvious hypocrisy in making his 317th post about why discussing strategy is a bad idea.
I do hate when people discuss strat too much and/or berate donkish plays at the tables.