Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2007, 06:21 AM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (10/8) (possible spoliers in thread to co

Remember when Hellmuth was thinking Jamie and Eli got up and went to the buffet to get food. Hellmuth thinks some more then it cuts back to Jamie sitting at the table. Obviously there was some time lapse. It's also true SN and Jen Harmon agreed he was taking a long time, but it's worth noting that neither of them called the clock nor apparently made a comment to Phil while he was thinking.

What was going on with Jen in the last third? She won a decent pot but never stacked her chips. It just seemed so unlike her I kept thinking something was wrong with her. Normally only the degen/drunk gamblers leave their chips in a pile.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Remember when Hellmuth was thinking Jamie and Eli got up and went to the buffet to get food. Hellmuth thinks some more then it cuts back to Jamie sitting at the table. Obviously there was some time lapse. It's also true SN and Jen Harmon agreed he was taking a long time, but it's worth noting that neither of them called the clock nor apparently made a comment to Phil while he was thinking.

What was going on with Jen in the last third? She won a decent pot but never stacked her chips. It just seemed so unlike her I kept thinking something was wrong with her. Normally only the degen/drunk gamblers leave their chips in a pile.

[/ QUOTE ]

she wanted to loosen up a little. Also, by not stacking her chips the other's can't know how much she has left.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 AM

man, the baxter supporters sure went into hiding pretty quick.

what's up w/ negreanu, playing all nitty, trash talking it up, and running to the bathroom every 2 hands. bring back the cool million buy-in from season 1 daniel.

this is the craziest nl game ever and the best part about it is that jamie gold is playing better than daniel negreanu! lol
Old 10-10-2007, 11:18 AM

I think Gold played decently compared to the rest of the table, but why do you say that he played better than Negreanu?... Seems like Daniel is just sitting back looking for a spot to pick off the donks, which is exactly what he should be doing.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:51 AM

Thoughts on this ep as I watch it:

- Wow! That was a pretty ballsy stackoff by Hellmuth. I have to give the man his dues. I know Farha is a lagtard but still.

- Jesus, that was a horrific call from Baxter with the KQ. What the hell was that?

- Gold is a massive douche. Also, that hand with the A2 vs Farha's Q8 was horrible (as even he recognised afterwards). Oh, the table maniac has bet, lets raise in front of 3 other players behind me to isolate him, even though he'll definitely call and his hand is definitely better than mine. Then to complete the package lets check the hand down? I'd be pissed too if I was Elezra.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want to punch Jamie Gold in his eager little face.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 10-10-2007, 12:40 PM

I found Safai's whole "I gotta go! Let's gamble for my stack!" thing hilarious, as it reminded me of antics I've seen in $20 buy-in home games I've played in.

I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the ending interview scene with Safai and Baxter. I lol'd so hard at their comments.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the ending interview scene with Safai and Baxter. I lol'd so hard at their comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't watch it LDO.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found Safai's whole "I gotta go! Let's gamble for my stack!" thing hilarious, as it reminded me of antics I've seen in $20 buy-in home games I've played in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I laughed at it too. I know they are probably masters of whatever their field they are in is but watching them talk about poker was hysterical, like interviewing 2 idiots from a small home game.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the B&M when someone says that it's because they have the nuts already. Safai just had TT.