Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 09:34 AM

Default 1/2 SH Easy Fold?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG folds, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (14.75 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP calls.

River: (18.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 18.75 BB

This is Standard, right?
Old 05-02-2007, 10:06 AM

Default Re: 1/2 SH Easy Fold?

Turn: (14.75 BB) A (3 players)
BB bets, MP calls, Hero folds, BB bets, MP calls.

here seems to be an error: BB bets two times without any raise?

after BB bets and MP calls you are like always dead.

standart fold IMO
Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 AM

*grunch*

Ugh that A brought in just about any draw.

However, BB 3bet preflop and capped the flop. Either he has AA or QQ imho, with AJ and KQ of spades an unlikely possibility (why would he cap the flop with aj, and cap the flop and lead out the turn with KQs?). The A actually makes it less likely that he has AA. MP could be on a draw (you should've cut the action off at your fold imho) but might as well have something like QJ trying to catch two pair. No reads?

I think I call the turn just to see what MP does. I'm not certain I'm behind to BB (also here a read would be nice), if we are behind we still have something like 1.2 outs.

If MP raises I'm dropping it though, because I don't think K:spades: is an out then.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:21 AM

meh I think a call down is good. we don't have to be ahead very often, and BB has QQ and the other KK here as well as AA and JJ. maybe even worse hands, you didn't provide a read on his preflop play.

so assuming he isn't spewtarded:
QQ, 6 combos we win
KK, 1 combo we tie
AA, JJ, 6 combos we lose

lookin pretty good here, though he can easily have a redraw that cuts into our equity. still, the pot is enormous and we don't have to take it down too many times for it to be +EV to call down.

MP seems like a tard I wouldn't really take his play into consideration too much here. looks like he's fallen in love with a pair of jacks or something like that. it cuts into your equity, but you are likely ahead of him and he is padding the pot a bit for you.

also you should take out the action after you fold. it skews replies. like I'm pretty sure villan has a strong hand after he leads the river brick as well, but we don't have that info when you make your decision on the turn.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:32 AM

This is a fold for me, Hero is getting something like 10:1 on a call down hoping BB has QQ and MP has Jx.

One thing that needs to be remembered is that when Hero is ahead he needs to dodge a lot of cards and when he is behind he only has 1 reasonably clean out.
Old 05-02-2007, 11:23 AM

I think it's fine to for the reasons OINK said. I especially think that you have to look at the 3 flush on board and villain apparently not afraid to bet into 2 opponents on this board, one of whom has shown a lot of strength. Vs an aggressive opponent I may call down but against normal opponents I muck it.
Old 05-04-2007, 04:15 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Yeah don't worry about it if you had the best hand, it was a good fold.

How unappy are you if you call and bang a Ks on the river.