Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 12:27 AM

Default Re: I was the one with the stalling post

bad as [censored].
Old 06-12-2007, 09:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I see that opinion is still divided, so I'm still not sure whether I did the right thing.

My situation was bubble play in a micro STT. Four players, I was one of the two <2bb stacks. I used all my time so that the blinds would go up, and the bb would put villian short stack all in on the next hand. I was out two hands later, but I cashed for third place.

So my situation was different. I wasn't consistenly stalling, I did it once to knock an opponent out and clinch a cashing spot. Is it the same? Worse? Is it wrong? I'm still not sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Annoying for the others. But so what? Looks like you're using the clock to your full advantage late in the 4th quarter. I approve (in this example).
Old 06-12-2007, 11:52 PM

You aren't breaking any rules, and you're using the mechanics of the game to your advantage. This is good - it's what smart poker players do.

Of course, your opponents will probably get pissed, and you might find yourself running out of opponents if you play on a small site. Decide if it's worth it.