Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2007, 01:43 AM

Default Re: another hand against a foxwoods regular 5-10 NL

You've played the hand so strangely that this could easily be a valuebet from as weaker king. Your hand looks like something like 66-JJ/K9 or worse, so he could very easily be taking this line for value with a worse hand. Or he could very easily be trying to push you off. If you're behind I expect him to show KQ/AA. AK is also very likely.

Anyways, there's a great chance you've induced him to bluff you or value-bet a worse hand. Now call.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:45 AM

PF: If this is you mixing up your play, that's fine. I wouldn't recommend limp-calling OOP with unmade hands (even AK) as your standard line, but its not unforgiveable if the circumstances are correct.

Flop: This seems ridiculous. Are you trying to elicit a raise here? You've added deception to your hand by limp-calling PF, there's no way he's putting you on TPTK at this point. When you expressly under-rep your hand the way you have here, you need to be doing it for a reason (to extract more value later in the hand, hopefully). Why give away any of your strength by making a weak lead at the pot if he's not so aggressive that he's nearly guaranteed to raise you ATC.

Turn: Ok, the jig is up, we've lost a good portion of the deception we've earned PF, its time to gain a little bit of value. If you don't think he's doing your betting for you, please make a real bet, not 1/4 of the pot. Once you bet weakly, and he raises you, there's pretty much only one line that makes any sense whatsoever, and that's calling here and check-calling pretty much any river.

River: At this point, the only thing you can do is check-call and hope that your odd (weak) play has induced the villain to fire off a bluff.

I literally play every street differently, but I particularly dislike the line you took on the flop and on the turn. The river decision, as strangely as you've played the hand seems pretty straightforward.

You're absolutely begging to be taken off of this hand on every street, why are you surprised that he's betting nearly the pot on the river?
Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 AM

try checkers bro. poker isnt for everyone. and how do you have a roll for 5-10? thats a serious question...
Old 02-05-2007, 09:58 AM

Default Results

I did call on the river, and he showed AQ.

I sort of understand what people are saying about not getting enough value on the flop and turn. In this particular case, I thought I would get the most money in by showing weakness and having him bet at me.

I guess this didn't belong in the high-stakes forum. I believe that the reason why I have won money at poker is because I make good reads against bad players. I still have tons to learn about fundamentals and playing against decent players.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Results

What's happened to HSNL [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 02-05-2007, 11:53 AM

If you're going to post a 5/10 hand in HSNL, it should be because you were playing a big pot super-deep or there were regular straddles in the game or something. If it's just a simple $2000 pot where you get cute with TPTK, post it in MSNL instead.

For the hand, as played, you were obviously playing the first two streets to induce bluffs, so you have to just roll with it and call the river here. If you were doing it because of a read that villian would attack weakness, that's fine, but "it just feels right" isn't very good reasoning here.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:49 PM

Is this thread a joke?

Should be moved to BBV for any readers (BEAT).
Old 02-05-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's happened to HSNL [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-05-2007, 02:25 PM

There is no way Dave doesn't have KQ, or 44 this hand. Do I know you? I play in that game regularly too. My name is Armen.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:20 PM

Well, he had AQ. I saw it with my own eyes. It was definitely a strange hand.

We probably haven't played together before because I don't go down to Foxwoods very often.