Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 12:25 PM

Default Ever had a case of mistaken sexuality/gender?

Are you hetero but been in a situation where you were taken for gay? (or vice versa?)

Or maybe taken for a woman when you're a guy? (or vice versa)

Embarrassing stories please...

I haven't got one of these, but I was once taken for being retarded in a shop where I worked. I was off one day, and the woman I'd served the day before came in and said she'd been served by the 'Simple Boy' (I was about 15). In my defence, I had been partying hard the night before, and was in a shocking state the previous morning.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Ever had a case of mistaken sexuality/gender?

When I was 9 I delivered papers and this one old lady on my route thought I was a "sweet girl". My hair was kinda long and I was wearing pink so I guess I deserved it.

Today I'm sometimes mistaken as gay, but I don't wear pink any more.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:03 PM

This one girl who went to middle school, and high school with me had people mistake her gender. I being one of these people.

The first day of the school year I had Spanish class with this girl. We were playing a name introduction game. Person A would say their name, then Person B would need to say Person A's name, and their own name, then Person C would need to say Person A's name, Person B's name, and their own name, and on and on.

It came to be my turn, and I was not really paying attention to the names being said, and then I got to this girl. She was of Mung ethnicity, and honestly looked like a guy. I came to her and said "Joe". My teacher said something to the effect of, "Dan if you would have been paying attention, HER name is Jamie".

The other situation involving this girl occuried when our vice-principal thought Asian kids were drawing graffiti inside the boy's bathrooms. My friends and I were standing outside the lunch room talking, and our principal walked by us, with Jamie, and the two of them went into the boy's bathroom. Apparently he too thought she was a dude and he questioned her to see if she new anything about the graffiti.
Old 07-15-2006, 04:13 PM

Once I went out to Boston with a few female friends and we were supposed to stay at one of their houses. Her mom was not very trusting of men so in getting her to let us sleep over she told her mom I was gay. (I know, this is stupid, but she did.)

I found this out as we're driving out to Boston. Kinda sucked too because I was trying to hook up with one of the other girls. Anyway I am a very dudely kind of guy, I didn't see how I could pull off a flamboyant persona. So I decided I would just be my normal butch self but try to be a bit more polite, and avoid looking at all the titties in the room.

Anyway her mom didn't buy it and totally called me out on it, but we got along well anyway.

Also, one time in Red Lobster when I was about twelve the waiter called me 'Miss.' I had very long hair.

NT
Old 07-15-2006, 04:16 PM

I haven't been hit on by a gay guy yet, but a few girls I know thought I was gay. One I remember was when I saw a girl I worked with and her friend at a store. I was checking her friend out, and eventually dated her friend about nine months after this encounter. Apparently, after I left the store, my ex had asked our friend with to set us up ....she said "no, that's not gonna work, ScottieK is gay." [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Only after nine months did one of my other friends at work straighten (heh) her out and clarify my orientation. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've heard the occasional rumor that someone I know thought I was gay. I don't get offended, I think it's funny as hell. They must watch too much Queer Eye (sorry Ed). FWIW, I've got my ten-year reunion tonight...and I'm taking my gf. I'll see if anybody I graduated with thought I was gay. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

ScottieK
Old 07-15-2006, 05:41 PM

Yeah, I was on gay street in Toronto one night (it's where my friend wanted to go and she was local) and I got hit on all the freaking time by guys. It was pretty cool, although I couldn't decide if "I'm straight" or "I have a boyfriend" was a better way of getting rid of them.

That was an awesome night, I had an almost threesome with two hot girls, then got in a fight with a racist redneck at the Pita Pot, then got lost running away from his redneck friends, slept in the children's playground of some park until dawn and then discussed september the 11th with a crazy homeless guy.

Apart from that, I get a bit comedy-[censored] when I am wasted (the number of photos of me trying to lick guys' faces is truly scary).

Nobody has ever mistaken me for a girl though, even though I don't grow facial hair.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:38 PM

Never been mistaken for a girl, but when coming back late at night on the London tube from a show I was hit on for the whole trip by a drunk gay guy, much to the amusement of the girl I was with and his friend who thankfully held him back when he was trying to get touchy.

Also, the waiters in P-town like to touch me, but I think that's standard.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:23 PM

In first year residence, we had two to a room and shared a bathroom with two people of the same gender who lived nextdoor who were called canmates. One of my canmates was gay, but also absolutely hilarious. Often made fun of gay people himself, when they acted too feminine(like the cop in Boondock Saints, when his partner asks him to cuddle).

Anyways, in second year for his 20th birthday he was living in an apartment and invited a few of us to his birthday, so myself and two of my good friends went to his party. Turns out of the 30 or so people there, we and one girl from residence were the only ones who weren't gay or lesbian. We got hit on quite a bit throughout the night(myself only once by a short black dude) Everyone assumed that you were gay if you were at the party.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:01 PM

About a year and a half ago, this girl came home from the service who wanted my nuts. I was only semi into her. Anyhoo, I had to work late on New Years Eve once and couldn't go to a formal Ball w/ her, my roomates and a few mutual friends. My New Years blows, I end up spending it at the apt by myself. I crash around 3. Circa 5am this girl comes into my room and passes out in my bed, but before doing so tells me my roomate told her I might be gay. I flipped out on him for this.

Fast forward two months, she's in my bed again. This time I can't keep it hard when trying to bang her. From then on, I'm convinced 85% of the people that know me think I'm gay.

Note: I'm seriously not
Old 07-15-2006, 11:45 PM

Diebitter - Why did you post this here instead of in The Quiet Zone?