Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Default Re: kenny tran

so dude had 78 ona A56xx board?

ok if river is a 9, do u think kenny folds to a bet then?
Old 11-01-2007, 08:05 PM

When he called with the J high...he showed absolutely no confidence that his hand was good. He looked genuinely surprised when his opponent turned over then immediately starting acting like an idiot. J high in that situation is so standard for limit. Especially when your opponent just calls the flop and turn. He would probably check a non ace pair hoping to win in a showdown since I'm pretty sure Tran reraised a raise before the flop. That narrows the range of hands you can beat pretty quickly and when you get those odds in limit its a standard call. Watching him donk off the rest of his chips with "sick calls" were embarrassing.

Definitely not the "sickest" call ever on TV (see Cunningham ace high in NL ME final table in my book).
Old 11-01-2007, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so dude had 78 ona A56xx board?

ok if river is a 9, do u think kenny folds to a bet then?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, he would put him on 34.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Oh my Ga!!! da was a sick caow!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:13 PM

ADZ i heard u r a SICKO confirm/deny?
Old 11-01-2007, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When he called with the J high...he showed absolutely no confidence that his hand was good. He looked genuinely surprised when his opponent turned over then immediately starting acting like an idiot. J high in that situation is so standard for limit. Especially when your opponent just calls the flop and turn. He would probably check a non ace pair hoping to win in a showdown since I'm pretty sure Tran reraised a raise before the flop. That narrows the range of hands you can beat pretty quickly and when you get those odds in limit its a standard call. Watching him donk off the rest of his chips with "sick calls" were embarrassing.

Definitely not the "sickest" call ever on TV (see Cunningham ace high in NL ME final table in my book).

[/ QUOTE ]

actually think of the cunningham call there as way easier since jamie gold is a tellbox that tells says what he has everytime. Also thought it was funny hearing gold in interviews talk about that table like cunningham didn't totally pwn him.(see folding top pair and calling gold's straight easily)
Old 11-01-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A Jack high call in the biggest buyin tournament of the WSOP is "standard" and not impressive. Can I subscribe to your newsletter?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
a sick call is only good when the person is humble about it (like they've been there before)..Tran is such a douche that he has to make sure everyone KNOWS how good a call it is by talking about it for 30 minutes

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have to agree, He's a great player and makes some sick calls, but does he have to stand up run around and yell "i am the greatest" everytime? When he made that call against Amnon where they only hand he could really beat was the missed 7-8 draw, He should have stood up ran to his buddies and yelled "i am a donkey", When Barry talks about stu and says: you always hear about his great calls but never about his great laydowns

[/ QUOTE ]

My brother told me this story about Kenny Tran at a $100/$200 NL Cash game at the WSOP. Guy (LAG) raises normal amount, everyone folds to Kenny in the BB, Kenny looks at LAG and shows him KK and folds. LAG flips over Aces. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't personally confirm, but I'll take my brothers word for it. But sick laydown if its true.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My brother told me this story about Kenny Tran at a $100/$200 NL Cash game at the WSOP. Guy (LAG) raises normal amount, everyone folds to Kenny in the BB, Kenny looks at LAG and shows him KK and folds. LAG flips over Aces. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't personally confirm, but I'll take my brothers word for it. But terrible laydown if its true.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-01-2007, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My brother told me this story about Kenny Tran at a $100/$200 NL Cash game at the WSOP. Guy (LAG) raises normal amount, everyone folds to Kenny in the BB, Kenny looks at LAG and shows him KK and folds. LAG flips over Aces. Obviously I wasn't there so I can't personally confirm, but I'll take my brothers word for it. But terrible laydown if its true.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah.. knowing your opponent has AA and folding to a normal raise when you can easily win a huge pot or stack him on a K high flop = expert.