Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 04:03 AM

Default Re: I have a boat, but...

I don't see how we can put 1/4 of our stack in pf and then fold the second nuts, especially having shown no strength postflop. From hand reading alone an ace looks somewhat likely for him but there's a ton of dead money out there and he's a "huge donk" so....

if he can have Ax after this pf action then he can surely have other random hands as well, and I'm sure he'll be playing some of them this way as well whether it's a bluff or for value or some retarded thing that makes no sense
Old 10-17-2007, 04:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how we can put 1/4 of our stack in pf and then fold the second nuts, especially having shown no strength postflop. From hand reading alone an ace looks somewhat likely for him but there's a ton of dead money out there and he's a "huge donk" so....

if he can have Ax after this pf action then he can surely have other random hands as well, and I'm sure he'll be playing some of them this way as well whether it's a bluff or for value or some retarded thing that makes no sense

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see how a bluff is going to bet TWELVE DOLLARS on the turn and then all of a sudden decided that the best amount to bluff is shoving all in. this is the ace waaaay more than it is something retarded, unless this guy has proven that he's just shoving complete air repeatedly.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's bluffing or he has an A here. This is almost never a Q. If you think he's bluffing enough here to make the call than go for it, but I think folding is good here vs this guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see donks shoving a Q here all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um do you have a billion hands played? This kind of situation almost never comes up in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Way to misinterpret my post.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:29 PM

The size of the turn bet & the river shove are two important factors. Probably fold, he got an ace 80% of the time, a Q or KK 20%...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

I doubt I'd actually have the courage to fold here, but this is an Ace almost all the time. the flop check, turn moronic bet, followed by river shove, reeks of someone who doesn't know how to value an Ace here. His line preflop also looks like an AJ type hand, etc.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:28 PM

call, he has QQ ^_^
Old 10-17-2007, 01:34 PM

this is a stupid situation. call.

...or fold. i dunno...
Old 10-17-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I doubt I'd actually have the courage to fold here, but this is an Ace almost all the time. the flop check, turn moronic bet, followed by river shove, reeks of someone who doesn't know how to value an Ace here. His line preflop also looks like an AJ type hand, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1, especially about not being able to fold it [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 01:54 PM

i like fold
seriously, this is an A 100% of the time, from anyone, its just that intelligent people dont play the turn that way
Old 10-17-2007, 02:13 PM

I call here every time. I would say at most the vilain has a Q. If the vilain has quads why would be bet $12 on the turn into that pot, and then try to bet you off of a hand instead of inducing a call?

He tried buying it cheap once, now he is trying to buy it at a higher price. He may even think he has the best hand, but he doesn't.