Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 07:33 AM

Default 8/16 live, AKo

This is from the same session as the AQs, I forgot about it until now.

MP - First hand at the table. She is some mid 20s asian chick who is really busty and I'd nail for sure except I want her chips more. I took frequent peeks at her chest in between streets and hands until she thought it was cold and put on her sweater.

I raise somewhere early with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP cold calls, some SB and BB call.

I glance at chick's boobs, and then at the flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Check, check, I bet, MP calls, SB folds, BB folds.

turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

What's the plan?
Old 05-02-2007, 08:06 AM

Default Re: 8/16 live, AKo

*grunching*

Pot offers 4:1.

If she had a FD on the flop, then why didn't she raise the flop? This is assuming she knows what she's doing, but 8/16 is a pretty high limit to go wasting money, I guess. So either she hit an ace pair with a weaker kicker or a TT and she fears your PF raise.

Or maybe she made a flush on the flop (5 % chance, IIRC?) and she's not betting it hard for some reason. It might be a low flush and she's afraid you have a higher flush, or she might be hoping to extract BB's from you after the flop.

If you check the turn, she'll almost certainly try to represent the flush, and you'll have to fold. You don't have the odds to go for your four outs.

If you bet, she might decide that you hit that flush now and fold. I'd bet out and fold to a raise. Reevaluate the river if called.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:13 AM

I'm betting the turn and then getting to showdown. Especially against an unknown Asian.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm betting the turn and then getting to showdown. Especially against an unknown Asian.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

I pretty much never fold to Asians.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:43 AM

The way you describe the situation it seems, if we check we will fold to a bluff a lot, and if we bet we will only get action by a better hand.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The way you describe the situation it seems, if we check we will fold to a bluff a lot of, and if we bet we will only get action by a better hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you could be right. Maybe because this board scares me, and I'm trying to figure out the most EV+ strategy postflop: it seems I lose most of my money by calling down with not-so-strong hands in small pots. I'm not sure if we should call this a strong hand or a marginal or even poor hand. I tend towards 'marginal' or 'poor'. Hence the fold.

If she raises this turn after we bet, what could she have? Would she bluff into this? And do we want to take the risk of finding out with a pot this small?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:51 AM

Letting her bluff you is +EV if you get to feel her boobies.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I took frequent peeks at her chest in between streets and hands until she got uncomfortable with the guy that kept staring at her [censored] and put on her sweater.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP?
Old 05-02-2007, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I took frequent peeks at her chest in between streets and hands until she got uncomfortable with the guy that kept staring at her [censored] and put on her sweater.

[/ QUOTE ]

My thoughts exactly [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 05:11 PM

don't fold unless the board gets scarrier. If you want to c/c to the river, I guess that's OK.