Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2006, 02:11 AM

Default Don\'t float on me, *****

UTG is an absolute choad. A table coach, and a horrible, weak, transparent, and loose player. He's constantly complaining of my insessent raising and other people's insessant calling (while he calles me down with any pair all day, good times) Great guy to have in a game if you mute your chat. 45/8/.4 over 90 hands.

Button is LAGTAG preflop and overly aggro post. Makes a lot of moves to move people off of hands. Isn't a complete tard though -- he usually isn't making moves with complete trash, and can find a fold when he's absolutely hopeless. 30/20/4.5 (!) after 100 hands.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Heroine is MP with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">Button's cold-call was peculiar -- he was first in, and that was the first time I have seen him do such a thing. I do not know why, but the float attempt sirens went off in my head.</font>

Flop: (8.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">Toying with Lucy is never a nice thing. Especially when she's jamming pencils into people's eyesockets.</font>

Turn: (6.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine 3-bets</font>, Button folds, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">Raise? O RLY? There's the rest of the float attempt (and we still have the dumb-as-bricks UTG still in the hand). I 3-bet here for a couple of reasons. If he has a huge hand then I'm screwed anyway, he caps and I can just walk. However, if he is floating with air he isn't calling any more bets. HU this would not matter as I would just call and do whatever on the river -- I am not getting any more value out of bets unless he decides to continue the bluff. However, I have this donk UTG who is calling down with who knows what. Furthermore, he is not betting the river against both of us if he has air, as it's clear someone has something to show down here.

I honestly think he thought that he could fold both myslef and UTG out. Too bad we both made hands by the turn.</font>

River: (14.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Heroine bets</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">Call it down call it down call it down down down. Bottom pair no g00t... or second pair... or A-high... or whatever the hell he has.</font>

Final Pot: 16.16 BB

-K
Old 01-19-2006, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Don\'t float on me, *****

This is a very good hand. Nice 3bet instead of wimping out. Behold, forum, the power of reads.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:27 AM

nh
Old 01-19-2006, 02:52 AM

The turn here is really very well played. NH
Old 01-19-2006, 03:38 AM

The hand was almost as fun as the presentation.

nh
Old 01-19-2006, 04:44 AM

Location: I wish life wasn\'t about money then I could afford a house, a car and life insurance.

Nice turn 3-bet.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="blue">Raise? O RLY?</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="green">Button folds</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently not RLY. Excellent use of reads, great hand. I think i'll put this in the digest to show people what a top-of-the-line edited post should look like.

nh,
Pete
Old 01-19-2006, 11:29 AM

turn is great
Old 01-25-2006, 06:57 PM

Anyone else not bet the flop? Up against 3 opponents with no immediate draws, and king high. It would suck to get raised by button here which I think might happen a decent amount of the time.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:11 PM

3betting the turn accomplishes nothing. Just call down.

Edit, just read the thread and I'm surprised by the responses.

If you think he's full of crap I would rather call the turn raise and donk the river. Or even check/raise the river if your read is so strong. (personally I don't trust people to bet the river in position with a worse hand).

Your hand is good, but not so good that UTG or Button won't have you outkicked or beat with some random hand like J8 a decent % of the time.