Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2006, 12:57 PM

Default Re: $60 I got me into a pickle with AKs.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno against some multitabler who seems relatively solid this is just a realy bad spot. The first time I see them do it at a $60 Ill probably fold AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes perfect sense, ty. Just seemed kinda wussy folding AKs to a single reraise < allin. Of cource the logical thing to do tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about being a wuss....very important lesson. In my "youth" I would find myself playing hands as though someone was watching over my shoulder. By this I mean I wouldn't fold hands that seemed silly to fold, even though everything in my gut told me that I should fold them. Like I'd have silly rules like, don't ever fold AKs or QQ in a spot like this no matter what because it makes you a giant wuss. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-07-2006, 01:20 PM

The only hand that you would be beating is AQ, or tied with another AK, everything else you're trailing. I think I would fold this.
Old 06-07-2006, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno against some multitabler who seems relatively solid this is just a realy bad spot. The first time I see them do it at a $60 Ill probably fold AKs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Makes perfect sense, ty. Just seemed kinda wussy folding AKs to a single reraise < allin. Of cource the logical thing to do tho.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry about being a wuss....very important lesson. In my "youth" I would find myself playing hands as though someone was watching over my shoulder. By this I mean I wouldn't fold hands that seemed silly to fold, even though everything in my gut told me that I should fold them. Like I'd have silly rules like, don't ever fold AKs or QQ in a spot like this no matter what because it makes you a giant wuss. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Curtains, do you take this same line with QQ? fold to the reraise? fold to the All in?
Old 06-07-2006, 01:40 PM

Against this specific type of player I would usually fold. Against a tricky multitabler whom I know knows me and could be trying to [censored] with me, I might not.
Old 06-07-2006, 03:27 PM

In a $60 I fold to reraise preflop below that I like your line of calling and check folding any non ace/king flop.

As for the flop...it's a very easy fold.

Straight Flushes,

SAM