Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 05:53 AM

Default My farewell to Lakisha and my cash post!

First let me say the rumors of my demise are greatly exaggerated.......Anyway as it turns out I will never get a chance to prove that people will vote for Lakisha if she peforms to the level that I had hoped because, well, she didn't perform to the level that I had hoped. I truly think if she had made better song choices she would have still been in the competition.She really let me down because, and even now as I post this, I know she was better than she performed. Of course I have been saying that for weeks. Granted I still think she was a great equity investment but ever since I started raving about how good she could be she didn't have even one home run performance. She did have a couple solid performances perhaps along with many mediocre ones, but I thought she had talent for days. Clearly my predicition was wrong. Now it's time for me to look into the free services the goverment offers. Does anyone know where I can apply for food stamps?
[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: My farewell to Lakisha and my cash post!

No idea about food stamps here. I have a couple old T-shirts if you need 'em though. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Are you still in the game at all or are you done with AIW this year?
Old 05-10-2007, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I truly think if she had made better song choices she would have still been in the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Qft. Song choice did her in. I think she'll make a good album though, she's got a great voice.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I truly think if she had made better song choices she would have still been in the competition.

[/ QUOTE ]

Qft. Song choice did her in. I think she'll make a good album though, she's got a great voice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also really like her voice (and also had decent Lakisha exposure). I blame Granny [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Haha you know... it's sad cause last night we saw a good picture of her personality and she's quite likeable, imo. Too bad she didn't play that up, didn't have better song choice, and didn't actually listen to the guest stars (usually sound) advice.

She underachieved.

-Al
Old 05-10-2007, 01:06 PM

I agree completely with the idea that with better song choice lakisha could have done much better. in a week when no one really blew the doors off, if lakisha had formulated a game plan and picked songs which lended to her strengths (assuming there are b.g. songs that fit that category), she could have made herself the favorite with her strong vocals. I just don't think she was ever as calculated and thoughtful about her song choices as they related to strategy and vote-getting as melnida or blake. (granted, I think blake made a mistake this week, but that is really neither here nor there.)
Old 05-10-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No idea about food stamps here. I have a couple old T-shirts if you need 'em though. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] Are you still in the game at all or are you done with AIW this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently I really have no root. But I am open to making wagers if I see some I like but whatever happens the rest of the way my season was a bust.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Currently I really have no root. But I am open to making wagers if I see some I like but whatever happens the rest of the way my season was a bust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I am going to go long on Melinda. They don't sell enough shares for me to win money this season but with over 2-1 on her, again I have to put my money on the best voice. This week she was the best of the bad IMO. Normally she is just the best. I always said she was the one for Lakisha to beat so I am trying to get down her as I type this.