Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2007, 02:30 AM

Default Re: Without searching, guess which 2 of the last 5 Idol winners are ve

The other one is Rueben. He became one about a year ago and has lost a lot of weight.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:55 AM

Cows are yummy.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cows are yummy.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I remember chickens are too. But they're living beings so I choose to not take their lives.
Old 04-28-2007, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cows are yummy.

[/ QUOTE ]
From what I remember chickens are too. But they're living beings so I choose to not take their lives.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 04-29-2007, 05:08 PM

That was funny easternblock!!
Old 04-30-2007, 01:23 AM

Im confused , everywhere I see it says hes vegetarian, not vegan. I haven't found a single statement that he's vegan.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:33 AM

Veganism Wiki

[ QUOTE ]
Veganism (also known as strict vegetarianism or pure vegetarianism), as defined by the Vegan Society, is "a philosophy and way of living which seeks to exclude—as far as is possible and practical—all forms of exploitation of, and cruelty to, animals for food, clothing or any other purpose."[1] A vegan (one who practices veganism) does not consume or use animal products, notably meat, fish, poultry, eggs and dairy products.[2] People become vegans for a variety of reasons, including ethical concerns for animal rights or the environment, as well as perceived health benefits and spiritual or religious concerns.[3][4]

A 2002 Time/CNN poll, found that 4% of American adults consider themselves vegetarians, and 5% of self-described vegetarians consider themselves vegans.[3] This suggests that 0.2% of American adults are vegans. Also in 2002, the UK Food Standards Agency reported that 5% of respondents self-identified as vegetarian or vegan. Though 29% of that 5% said they avoided "all animal products" only 5% reported avoiding dairy.[4] Based on these figures, approximately 0.25% of the UK population follow a vegan diet. In 2005, The Times estimated there were 250,000 vegans in Britain, which suggests around 0.4% of the UK population is vegan.[5]

A US poll conducted by Harris Interactive in April of 2006 listed specific foods and asked how often respondents never ate those items, rather than asking respondents to self-identify. The results found that, of the 1,000 adults 18 and over polled, 1.4% never eat meat, poultry, fish/seafood, dairy products/eggs. They were, in other words, vegan except for possibly honey. The survey found that about 1.4 percent of men are vegan, while 1.3 percent of women are vegan.[6]

[/ QUOTE ]

-Al
Old 04-30-2007, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im confused , everywhere I see it says hes vegetarian, not vegan. I haven't found a single statement that he's vegan.

[/ QUOTE ]
I read about him going vegetarian several times but was told by a friend that he then went vegan. After seeing your post I searched the internet and like you could not find one reference to him being vegan. So for now I am assuming he is vegetarian, not vegan. Thanks for correcting me on that.