Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2007, 11:48 AM

Default The Shield 6.5 May 1st

A lot of plot development for this season in this episode! Vic finds out that Guardo didn't kill Lem through a Fed who is planted high up in the Salvadoran gang, Shane (high on Oxycontin) confesses to Mora that he killed Lem and asks her to take him back after she caught him cheating with a teenager. Vic reluctantly backs up his old friend and in turn associates himself with a thuggish wannabe cop who abuses a gang of Jamaican drug dealers.

All of these things are going to play into this season I believe. Obviously, Mora's hatred of Vic could be a big deal, and how she handles this situation will be key to how it all shapes up. All in all, was a good episode, even though the Jamaican dealers situation seemed forced and out of place. That is why I believe it is going to have to be a part of a larger story arc.

I'm staying away from the episodes available online, so if you know any future knowledge I'd apreciate it if you create new threads for those discussions! Thanks.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:08 PM

Default Re: The Shield 6.5 May 1st

i think the drug dealer stuff was thrown in to show the kind of [censored] and scumbags Vic will be involved in if he were to retire.
Old 05-02-2007, 12:36 PM

awesome episode, walton goggin's acting continues to impress me...too bad shane's gonna be dead soon.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:05 PM

Love the show, but they need to give more airtime to Paula Garces.

Old 05-02-2007, 01:13 PM

I'm sure from what we know of Mora (byatch) that she will try to get Shane to move on and forget about it. The previews hinted at this and it's in keeping with her character. She's been portrayed as someone who will back up her man in job-related crap, no matter what. Sort of like she considers Shane such a great catch as a husband and is married to a good paycheck.

Dutch and Billings are turning out to be a great team. The tension between them was downplayed this week, but it's an interesting plot line of the show.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:22 PM

Question-

The scars on Ronnie's face, are those a plot point, or is that just something the actor has?

I liked last night's ep a lot. You get a good picture of where Vic's moral center lays. I also like that Billings did something smart and cop like.

V. worried that Paula's been written out.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question-

The scars on Ronnie's face, are those a plot point, or is that just something the actor has?

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed those were from when Armadillo put his face on a stove.

D
Old 05-02-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure from what we know of Mora (byatch) that she will try to get Shane to move on and forget about it. The previews hinted at this and it's in keeping with her character. She's been portrayed as someone who will back up her man in job-related crap, no matter what. Sort of like she considers Shane such a great catch as a husband and is married to a good paycheck.

Dutch and Billings are turning out to be a great team. The tension between them was downplayed this week, but it's an interesting plot line of the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as Mora goes... a) her husband was caught cheating with a teenage girl while she is 3 months pregnant b) he was severely beaten and hospitalized because of his cheating c) he is snorting oxycontin (which, to our knowledge, she currently doesn't know about) and d) he just admitted to killing one of his best friends. I have a feeling, if she even thinks about keeping Shane around, she blames all of this on Vic and will be more than willing to get Vic out of Shane's life for good.

Also, the Billingsly and Dutch team is turning out to be a highlight this season. This episode they actually seemed to work together very well and almost seemeed to have a newfound respect for each other.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Question-

[/ QUOTE ]

I assumed those were from when Armadillo put his face on a stove.

D

[/ QUOTE ]

I was very surprised to see Ronnie clean-shaven as in the past they've had to be sure to add his stove scars whenever you can see his cheek. Of course they were visible in a few shots. Just another reason Shawn Ryan and his staff are top notch.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't think the tension was downplayed. Dutch kept staring at Billings with a look of revulsion every time he did something unprofessional. Like when they put the rapist in the cage, Billings yells at him "Your daughter is dead! You made her run off and then she got killed. Deal with it" or something. Dutch glared at Billings for a solid beat before turning his attention back to the suspect.