Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-17-2007, 02:59 AM

Default NOSEY OR NEIGHBORLY? (a lil long with cliff notes)

I was off work today and doing stuff on the computer, when I noticed a pickup truck pulled to the house directly across the street from mine. The driver stayed in the car, and as I was watching through my windown I could tell he was looking through paperwork, like folders, and such and I came to the conclusion he may have been some kind of repo man, or investigator. He kept looking at the house (not mine, my across-the-street-neighbors) house...almost like, studying it. That goes on for about five minutes, this guy is talking into a tape recorder, and another pickup truck pulls up along side of the other guy and the 2 are talking and making gestures towards the house...The 2nd truck parks behind the first, and he gets out and starts taking pictures of the house! Every angle, window, door, the car in the driveway, the license plate of the car, everything. 1st guy joins in the picture taking then they sit on the wall in his yard and just....wait...they just sit there, talking. The first guy gets up, goes towareds the side of the house and takes pics of the backyard...Now, Im like WTF is going on?? So, I get my camera and I start taking pics of them....why? I DONT KNOW! Just in case? I have no idea....After about another 15 minutes, the 2 guys leave...

The 2 guys didnt seem like intruders. The first guy was older, like, in his late 50's, early 60's...the 2nd guy was just a big, round guy....

I told my wife what happened when she got home, and todl her I was going to go talk to the neighbor to let him know what I saw......We just moved here about 6 months ago and have NEVER spoken to that neighbor, so it'd be an odd first conversation to say the least.."hey man, dude's were hearing taking pics of ur stuff"...My wife said to not get involved and that I was being nosey, but, Im thinking if this happened to me, I would want someone to tell me..Anyway, so, what do you guys think? Tell my neighbor, or delete the pics and forget it ever happened....?

*CLIFF NOTES* i take pics of guys spying on my neighbors house, I wanna tell my neighbor, wifey says dont get involved.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:01 AM

Default Re: NOSEY OR NEIGHBORLY? (a lil long with cliff notes)

I would say something just because that sounds weird as [censored].
Old 02-17-2007, 03:03 AM

I wouldn't bother getting involved. Chances are your neighbour already knows that he's being investigated for something, and even if he doesn't know what's going on...it doesn't sound like something you should get yourself wrapped up in.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:12 AM

i would have reported them to the cops.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:38 AM

This is the first time I've said this: Please post pics.
Old 02-17-2007, 03:55 AM

You should probably go talk to your neighbors so I can find out what the deal was.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:31 AM

Hope you're not disappointed, these pics aren't the "is she hot/nsfw" type...

ok, here's big man coming from the front of the house around to the side....

[image]

this is taken just before the 1st pic, the big guy is at the other side of the house while this guy is taking pics of the side..

[image][/image]

Here's the 2 of them at the front of the house...

[/image]

..and then lastly, them just kickin it on the wall when they were done looking at the house...

[image][/image]

ok, now you see the wall that they are sitting on? The bigger guy walked on that wall until he was to where there backyard was and took pics of the backyard, and up to the 2nd story windows.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:51 AM

At least tell your neighbor. Don't make any presumptions, just tell him "Hey, not sure if you asked someone to come look at your house or whatnot, but some guys were here the other day and I just figured I'd let you know." I'd certainly want to know if someone was walking around my property and/or photographing my residence...

...ps, you live in a nice neighborhood, got a room to rent? I just had to park .5 miles away on the street because my landlord doesn't [censored] plow my parking lot. Ugh.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:26 PM

Hmmm... these guys aren't making any attempt to be discreet.
Old 02-17-2007, 04:54 PM

I bet they are just contractors of some sort. The neighbor is probably getting new windows put in or new siding or something.