Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I just flip a coin instead?
Chester Taylor at home on short rest 1 25.00%
Willie Parker on the road 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: August. (#12 of 12.)

Has anybody here even done the math on how much value we are getting in bonus money if u play the 5k Added tourneys plus the 5k guaranteed on Sundays??

Well if u do Worldpx.com is actually paying everyone appoximately $ 107 bucks per week in bonus money!! thats after minusing the $25 fee to be vip.

Where else can u get paid $107 bucks a week to play online poker. Kind of like being a prop really.

Anybody else realize this and that this setup is even better for us, the players, than the rakefree model as long as u are a vip and play the 5k's.

The math below for those who would like to see where i got htis number.

5k added divided by 120 players.. about $40 per 5k in bonus money

5k gur on Sundays.. - usually about $12 in bonus money there

So $132 minus $25 to be Vip = $107 approximately in bonus per week paid to each vip member!!!! wow huh
Old 08-06-2007, 04:37 PM

hi

I noticed that someone from wpex posts that they might switch to contributed instead of dealt hand method. That is not the problem, almost every player will pick dealt over contributed.

I see alot of people posting ideas and such and some are good, but the main issue I noticed when I checked out the site is depositing for american players !
As far as i can see the only way is a wire transfer. Or am I missing something ?
WPEX needs to introduce a new way to deposit easily for american players. Also an affiliate program or ads would help alot. Maybe a first deposit bonus might help.
Also plse do not get rid of the 75% rakeback ! Cause this is a great asset for your site !

Maybe a good idea for implementing new things would be to put up a few polls on your site and let the players decide what they want. In the end you can do what you want, but if players don't join ..... you don't get anywhere.

I have seen so many sites screw up their site with bad changes that makes players go elsewhere.

And as someone else said neteller killed the traffic .... so I am guessing that easy deposit and cashout for americans might be the biggest issue on wpex .... .
I noticed for example that since fulltilt got the major credit cards to work again they seemed to get more traffic .... . Maybe it is unrelated but somehow I think it is that simple especially for american players.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:38 PM

I realize you are considering going to contributed to help the worse players but I think that it might not be the best thing. When people are running bad they are not winning many pots thus a during a bad run my contributed will be much less than my MGR and it will be the same for loose players as well. Giving them this crutch helps people stay in the game during bad runs.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:23 PM

If the actual player base were polled, I believe the GM would find that there's a strong preference to keep the dealt model rather than move to a contributed model.

It would be a shame to see developer resources go to something which won't make the site better.
Old 08-06-2007, 06:42 PM

The biggest thing wrong with the switch to contributed rakeback is that we don't know which contributed method we might be switching to.

Fred, would you mind stating what you are considering? Is it if you win the pot, then the rake taken on that pot is yours? Is it if you participate in the pot, then the percentage of the total pot your money makes up is the same as the percentage of the rake you qualify for? Some other method?

I am currently on the "keep it dealt" side. I won't even consider being for contributed until I know the details of what contributed consists of.

I also agree that it is a waste of resources to work on this change before other changes are made.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:19 PM

Indeed, there are different forms of contributed RB and there's the possibility that even Fred or others at WSEX don't even know which one they are planning on implementing.

Consider that for awhile even their own support insisted that they were using the contributed RB method even when it was actually dealt-hand.
They were just plain wrong/confused.

There's almost no harm done by keeping it as dealt-hand RB which pretty much everyone on here would prefer I imagine.

The people who benefit the most from contributed rakeback are the players who don't even know they are the ones benefitting the most.

Definitely please do not do this switch.

Saying that you listened to the input of 2+2'ers and have decided to keep it as it is would also make you look pretty darned good imo in light of the number of players that were bothered by the anti-HUD stance.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:44 PM

I personally like the anti hud rules.

This makes it more like a real live game rather than people trying to datamine everything about u.

I think that people should have to actually use their minds to make decions.. not rely on datamining which is kind of like cheating. mind decision with their MINDS not data from hud programs.

Thank u Worldpx.com for having the incredible guts to put your foot down about the huds and help keep online poker more of a sport.. not a rakefest or a datamining game.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:08 PM

Old 08-06-2007, 10:34 PM

pokergame - I really wasn't trying to start up the HUD vs. Anti-HUD argument again. Just brought that up because obviously this stance turned off quite a few of their customers.
The HUD thing is something that appealed to some of their customers while others preferred it done differently.

But the rakeback thing almost everyone prefers the Dealt-hand method.

I would even go so far to speculate that a few of the looser players on the site who might actually benefit from contributed-method would still prefer the dealt-hand method because they THINK they are also among the tighter players.

Of those who understand the difference between Dealt-hand and Contributed I suspect almost everyone would prefer Dealt-hand.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:46 PM

The thing about contributed rake is that it would be a new/ innovative concept and almost definitely attract some NEW poker players to the site.

So I feel it is worth trying since will bring more people to the site.. even though big winners will get less back in rake.. but then fish happy cuz they would get much more back in rake fees.
Closed Thread