Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Cracker Jack thread?

as much as I despise having to create this "Why did the Cracker Jack thread in OOT get deleted?" thread, I had just made a post that I put a decent amount of effort into and it was deleted probably before anybody could read/comment on it.

this disappointed me.

that thread was bad, but it had at least 10-15 more minutes before it should have been locked.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Cracker Jack thread?

sorry euro, didn't see you had posted in it

i have had problems with that specific OP starting dumbass threads like that in the past which is why i was quick on the trigger
Old 09-13-2007, 02:06 PM

NT,

FWIW it's my point of view that even if the op sucks, if I get to it after it's got a few responses I'll avoid nuking it just so that I don't torch other people's work. I think you can still */kitn/ban the op, but let the discussion live. OOT's pretty good at taking a [censored] thread and making them work.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:26 PM

Who was the OP? Threads in which Euro posted should never be deleted, maybe that can be programmed into the next forum upgrade?

Euro, is there any chance you can recreate the post? People in ATF are raving about it. Was it a Paint or something?

I don't know what the thread was about or who the OP is that NT! is hating on. Not that anyone should care about that.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Euro, is there any chance you can recreate the post? People in ATF are raving about it. Was it a Paint or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

I found it... it wasn't a Paint and i'm not sure why people were "raving" over it. it was just a rant that I had taken the time to put some thought into and I was disappointed when my hard work was just destroyed before I got to see if anybody agreed with me.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cracker Jack

[/ QUOTE ]

holla

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i thought this pole was gonna be about

[/ QUOTE ]

you and me both, sir. it's Cracker Jack for sure.

if you think about it, the song was probably conceived of way back near the turn of the century or something, so the kid going to the ballpark was dressed like a newsie or a chimney sweep or some [censored] and if he was asking for multiple boxes of Cracker Jack (i.e. "Cracker Jacks") I mean, that just seems like a bit much. like this is probably Depression-era [censored] where the kid should just be happy to be seeing a ballgame (I'll guess it was like the Brooklyn Dodgers or somebody) let alone have his pops be generous enough to buy him a box of Cracker Jack. and even though the extra box of Cracker Jack probably only cost five (5) cents, that money could have gone a long way to putting food on the table, etc.

so basically, it's Cracker Jack.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:11 PM

I would probably understand that rant if I had any idea what the OP was.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:14 PM

pj,

My guess is it was something like "What is the deal w/ baseball games and Cracker Jack?"
Old 09-13-2007, 05:21 PM

it was a poll about how to pronounce "Cracker Jacks" in the song.

the poll was like "craaaaaaa-cker jacks," "cra-ker jacks," or "cra- kerjack" or some similar nonsense. but the point was that a lot of people thought the poll was going to be "is it Cracker Jack or Cracker Jacks?" of course everybody who's anybody realizes the song lyric is actually "Cracker Jack" (singular), so the following set of replies ensued from somebody, somebody else, mason55, and then me.
Old 09-13-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it was a poll about how to pronounce "Cracker Jacks" in the song.

the poll was like "craaaaaaa-cker jacks," "cra-ker jacks," or "cra- kerjack" or some similar nonsense. but the point was that a lot of people thought the poll was going to be "is it Cracker Jack or Cracker Jacks?" of course everybody who's anybody realizes the song lyric is actually "Cracker Jack" (singular), so the following set of replies ensued from somebody, somebody else, mason55, and then me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I'm sorry I asked.

[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 05:26 PM

Euro,

"craaaaaaa-cker jack" obviously.