Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness

Old 11-27-2007, 01:19 PM

Default Re: The Zone (book) wtf??

Also remember that your body is a beautiful machine. As you consume less, your body should become more efficient in extracting what it needs from your sources. That's the main kick behind Intermittent Fasting. If you eat 18 small meals a day, your body likely can't metabolize that much protein/fat/carb in one sitting, hence most of the meals are small, protein shakes label one serving as 20g, the rest you excrete, etc... If you are only eating once a day and consuming 100g of protein in that sitting, a majority of that protein is processed and used, not excreted...

Make some sense?

It all comes down to just continuing your lifting/workout program and noticing if any of your gains suffer... If they do, change something, if they don't, zone might be the right path for you. Ignore how you "feel" for the next few days as there is always an adjustment period when switching routines/diets/lifestyles...
Old 11-27-2007, 02:42 PM

You also have to look at your goals. Do you wanna look like a triatholon runner(lance armstrong look) really skinny and trim, or do you wanna have s muscular build. In order to keep muscle on you gotta eat more cals. Most people i know are in gret shape, and are cut up but technically they are obese because of the extra muscle on their body. Calories intake all depends on your goals
Old 11-27-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You also have to look at your goals. Do you wanna look like a triatholon runner(lance armstrong look) really skinny and trim, or do you wanna have s muscular build. In order to keep muscle on you gotta eat more cals. Most people i know are in gret shape, and are cut up but technically they are obese because of the extra muscle on their body. Calories intake all depends on your goals

[/ QUOTE ]

?
Old 11-27-2007, 03:02 PM

I just went to amazon and looked at the book, and if it said you only need 80g protein then its 100 percent wrong. It even has chapters on athletes, so my initial assumption is wrong, this book wasnt made for the average joe just looking to lose weight. I wonder if the book has studies that support its system
Old 11-27-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I just went to amazon and looked at the book, and if it said you only need 80g protein then its 100 percent wrong. It even has chapters on athletes, so my initial assumption is wrong, this book wasnt made for the average joe just looking to lose weight. I wonder if the book has studies that support its system

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one of the most studied diets ever. 80g of protein for someone who's sedentary isn't unreasonable at all.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ban