Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 PM

Default Re: Shawn Sheikhan getting deported... (link)

I would have no problem with this if they had deported him right after he served his time, or just right after he was convicted. This is why we have statutes of limitation, and I think it's absolutely insane that you can be deported 12 years after a MISDEMEANOR.

Everyone calling him a child molestor should also stfu unless they know more about the charges than I do.

I don't like sheiky, but I wish him the best of luck in this case because I hate INS and immigration policy generally.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:34 PM

myopic thought, its really a broad comparison. it shouldnt be taken so literally, the us/nazi comparison, and should be examined more clearly. Just look at 1 example that is shared by the 2, preemptive war
Old 09-20-2007, 04:40 PM
 is offline

He annoyed some child?

I think I know what this is.
Remember the last HSP where a certain someone with a huge ego talked about his enormous power and influence.

Sheiky has simply been annoying the wrong child.

Old 09-20-2007, 04:41 PM

Default Re: Shawn Sheikhan getting deported... for a misdemeanor ????

ZMGOD the outrageous injustice!!

"the law is an ass" -Charles Dickens.
Always was, always will be. Don't you people realize this by now?
Old 09-20-2007, 04:43 PM

People saying it must have been bad because he spent 9 months in jail clearly do not understand the justice system. If he did not have a good lawyer he could clearly get into this spot. As it was in 1995 I sorta assume it was before he was rich and could afford to buy his way out of trouble. How many rich white kids do you know who get caught drunk driving and getting into an accident yet never spend a day in jail. Or get caught with pot and get probation while the poor black kid gets a year in jail.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now when Mike says to him "Kiddy game's down the street." it has a whole new meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i sense fark potential with this pic

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a history lesson for you. The little girl pictured in the middle was burned with napalm during the Vietnam War. She was running from her village naked because her clothing had been burned off her body. The photo was a very famous one at the time, and I remember when it was first released in the press. It's a harrowing image, and a real one. I don't see anything funny about this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be one of the most tasteless photoshop jobs of all time. Here's the original photo of the young girl, Phan Thi Kim Phúc, fleeing with other children orphaned after their village was bombed. Hillarious.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Now when Mike says to him "Kiddy game's down the street." it has a whole new meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i sense fark potential with this pic

[/ QUOTE ]
Here's a history lesson for you. The little girl pictured in the middle was burned with napalm during the Vietnam War. She was running from her village naked because her clothing had been burned off her body. The photo was a very famous one at the time, and I remember when it was first released in the press. It's a harrowing image, and a real one. I don't see anything funny about this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be one of the most tasteless photoshop jobs of all time. Here's the original photo of the young girl, Phan Thi Kim Phúc, fleeing with other children orphaned after their village was bombed. Hillarious.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dig it, sue me
Old 09-20-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I just read two pages so i just hope im not the first to say this, but what kind of sick country has something like a 'deportable offense' for someone who has been a legal resident since he was nine.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to be a nit, but according to the article, he's only been a legal us resident since 1983. if he's 38 years old now, that means he was much older than that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he'd be 14 and still a citizen before becoming an adult.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People saying it must have been bad because he spent 9 months in jail clearly do not understand the justice system. If he did not have a good lawyer he could clearly get into this spot. As it was in 1995 I sorta assume it was before he was rich and could afford to buy his way out of trouble. How many rich white kids do you know who get caught drunk driving and getting into an accident yet never spend a day in jail. Or get caught with pot and get probation while the poor black kid gets a year in jail.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop talking.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome
Closed Thread