Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Have you experienced an extended state of depression?
Yes 30 75.00%
No 10 25.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-21-2007, 11:54 AM

Default jackeffel

I've been working the wsop for 6 years and can tell you, that in 2006,I had at least, '30' instances were my crew and I had to fix problems that jack didn't take care of. The guy was so appreciative of our ability that he would'nt even give me a job this year. I've worked with most of the good wsop directors and assistance,=Matt Savage,Jim Miller,David Lamb,Bonnie Domiono,Jon Vince,Cris Held,Bob Daily ,George Fisher,Melody Bryant,Steve McDonald,Jonny Moss, Carl Alcorn,Mike O'Mally and many other capable people,'please excuse me if I did'nt mention your name'. But some how in Jack Effel's infinite wisdom of people with experience for running poker tournaments ,his e-mail said that ; they were not able at this time to offer me a job at the wsop. If these people would quit thinking about there selves and think in terms of running the best ever tournament possible,you might have a good staff. As far as the 'dealers' are concerned;I know of numerous qualified dealers for the wsop that are not getting jobs. The wsop is not that hard to put together if you hire the best qualified personel and put aside your differances in the interest of the players,and there hard earned money that is at stake. WOW WHAT A NEW CONCEPT= TAKING CARE OF THE CUSTOMER. My Question is this for the poll: Do you think Jack Effel is doing a good job?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:52 PM

Default Re: jackeffel

While there are issues with the WSOP - this bullcrap.

What I have always hated about poker people is their lack of transparency.

If you are going to be this personal and vindictive, almost toxic, towards Jack Effel, you should be man enough to state your name so you can allow Jack to respond to you in a personal way.

Drive-by shootings are immature and cowardly.

Let me guess, you want Jack canned so you can slime in to his spot - correct??
Old 06-21-2007, 01:14 PM

This is pathetic.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:45 PM

I read "I'm eating out of a dumpster now and it's all Jack Effel's fault!"
Old 06-21-2007, 01:47 PM

Here in the States we typically insert a space between a person's first and last names. Once we take care of that, we'll move on to capitalization.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:56 PM

My appologies for my mispelling. Also the intent is not to be vindictive. It's ment to be the truth about hiring and giving the qualified people the job. Again please except my appology for this seeming to be purly vindictive. How ever facts are facts and thats not bull. Wake up !
Old 06-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Also it's definatly not all Jacks fault! I worked for him last year and was glad to be on his shift. Which is why I feel a bit jilted.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:09 PM

Maybe you were a crappy employee. Considering your posts, that certainly wouldn't surprise me.
Old 06-21-2007, 02:16 PM

I would hire you in a heartbeat. I can't believe this jackeffeldouche didn't. what a douche. a douchecookie.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:04 PM

The truth is, this is all Harrah's fault. They are to blame for each and every one of the disasters that have become a part of the WSOP. However, one of the gross errors that they have made is in promoting someone into the position of tournament director who is incapable of doing the job. That is not Jack's fault. He is really good at some things. However, he is not capable of pulling this off and one of the reasons that he is not capable of it is that he is not confident enough to surround himself with excellent help. He is threatened by talent and therefore refuses to use talent, hence surrounding himself with people who are not as competent as they should be, and that is the root of most of the issues that come up.

Now, I'm not sure that is the case with the OP. I'm not saying he is one of those quality people, I couldn't make that judgement from his posts.

I'm just saying that some of his points are correct, or in his case, coreckt