Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2007, 06:23 PM

Default Re: Funny non-ok yet it was- Sklansky story

Okay, just got a call from a buddy. Her name evidently is Beverly and she no longer works for the WSOP
Old 06-07-2007, 11:07 PM

Default Re: Funny Sklansky story

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the mod edit mentions the film-can avatar.
I've seen several posters with this but have no idea what it means.
Explanation anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's one of the default avatars in the system.

[/ QUOTE ]
you know, like:
Old 06-08-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Funny Sklansky story

[ QUOTE ]
Apology from pokervintage.....?????

Tick, tock, tick, tock.

Naaaa!!

[/ QUOTE ]

So this guy comes up here and makes a remark that is clearly made to make Sklansky look like an arrogant swine that has no regards for the rights of others and titles it a "Funny story" and I owe him an apology? Reread his post. He makes it sound as if Sklansky pushed his way to the front of a satellite line and demanded he play ahead of those players in line. He doesn't bother to try and get his facts right he just tells everyone that Sklansky is a bum. There is no way Sklansky would do that. I knew that. I don't owe him an apology. He owes Sklansy one.

pokervintage
Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 AM

Smeeks,

Did you read Sklansky's response? Is it possible that he is telling the truth? Isn't it possible that YOU misinterpreted what happened? Is is possible that he is not the arrogant swine that you painted him to be? These people believe I owe you an apology. Tell the truth. Were you not trying to make Sklansky out as an arrogant bum of some kind through your post? If not then I will apologize. But, please, at least tell the truth.

pokervintage
Old 06-08-2007, 12:49 AM

I'm not going to get in a pissing match with anyone over what Sklansky's intentions were. I played lots of sats that week and not once was there a list at all, however, I'm not saying that he didn't believe there was a list. The reasoning behind the story is something very different than you expect, though I don't really owe you or anyone else an explanation.

In actuality, I lurked and read post after post about DS and people questioning his various "relationships". As I remember the story it strikes me as funny. Someone in a previous post noted that David is never in the company of bright intelligent mature confident women. This story, I think, pointed out why. The woman running the sats seemingly was many of those things, and she was completely nonplussed and unimpressed with David Sklansky. A justification for his involvement with the Brandis of the world.

That was the thought process behind the story and I stand by the story as I related it. Again, I can't say what Sklansky thought or didn't think, all I can do is relate the story as i remembered it.

Now, lets see what pieces you pull out of context in this post in order to discredit me.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

In actuality, I lurked and read post after post about DS and people questioning his various "relationships". As I remember the story it strikes me as funny. Someone in a previous post noted that David is never in the company of bright intelligent mature confident women. This story, I think, pointed out why. The woman running the sats seemingly was many of those things, and she was completely nonplussed and unimpressed with David Sklansky. A justification for his involvement with the Brandis of the world.

That was the thought process behind the story

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I apologize for any remarks I may have made inferring that you relayed this incident for the purpose of making David look like a pompus ass that would attempt to trample over the rights of others because of an enormous ego. That is my take on the original post.

[ QUOTE ]
Now, lets see what pieces you pull out of context in this post in order to discredit me

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that is funny!

pkervintage
Old 06-08-2007, 04:10 AM

vince?