Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2007, 02:43 AM

Default Pokerstars for Mac

I would really like to see PokerStars come out with there mac version of the software already... It is taking forever. I think that since pokerstars support has generally been great with responding to players concerns, those interested in a Mac version need voice their opinions. It has worked very well with items such as getting HU cash tables at Pokerstars.... Anyone interested?

http://pokeronamac.com/news/show-you...stars-version/
Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 PM

Default Re: Pokerstars for Mac

why would you use a mac?
Old 08-22-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you play poker, why would you use a mac?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2007, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why would you use a mac?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we've seen the light. They're really not as bad as most people think for poker. I've been playing poker on my powerbook for about 3 years without any problems. And with the new Intel Macs, you can run OS X and Windows at the same time without any lag.

Anyway, i've been looking forward to a full mac version of pokerstars for some time now. Please send emails to support@pokerstars.com and beta@pokerstars.com to show you your support.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:33 PM

After purchasing a mac, you realize that mac software is much, much better than windows.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
After purchasing a mac, you realize that mac software is much, much better than windows.

[/ QUOTE ]

the itunes software makes me want to vomit, i never use it on my pc, and am happy with 3rd party software for my ipod.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:04 PM

they are already coming out with it.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

the itunes software makes me want to vomit, i never use it on my pc, and am happy with 3rd party software for my ipod.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that iTunes can be a little sluggish on Windows, and sometimes uses Anapod as an alternative. It seems that iTunes works much better on Macs. I think that either Apple doesn't put as much "muscle" behind their Windows development, or (more cynically still) they purposely design their Windows software poorly to encourage people to switch (take a look at the Safari web browser for Windows sometime if you really want to cry).

Me? Windows drives me nuts lately, and that's just on XP. Vista seems to be even worse, with hideously sluggish code, driver issues galore, etc. I'm sure that my next laptop is going to be a MacBook Pro. The PokerStars client will come eventually, and until then there's Parallels and VMWare Fusion.
Old 08-23-2007, 04:12 PM

I was just thinking the same thing as OP. It's taking them a long time to go from beta to release. I contacted them a year ago about the mac version and was told it was in beta. I just contacted them again a couple weeks ago and they said its still in beta and still only available on the testpokerstars site only.

They did offer to let me use the beta on the testpokerstars site, but I declined figuring I'd get bored in a matter of minutes playing on the beta site with a handful of users for play money.