Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2007, 07:23 PM

Default NVG thread deletion q

Dibs,

Posting this here because it's probably more appropriate than continuing the discussion in that thread .

I don't understand the rationale behind your thread deletion.

It was a post of some chat from FT and some hands, right?

What next, someone asks for mined hands of theirs to be deleted, they are gone? Someone asks for highstakes.db results of their winnings to be deleted, they are gone?

I totally understand deleting links to people's facebook/myspace, personal info, PMs, or anything else that they wrote with some expectation of privacy.

But to delete chat that they wrote with countless railbirds watching and reading? That seems ridiculous to me.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: NVG thread deletion q

imo it was a very bad deletion, should have been moved to the mod forum if you wanted it gone
Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 PM

Krantz asked me to delete them, I guess he wasn't comfortable with some of the threads ToS made and I think just wanted to deescalate the situation given the working assumption that ToS is tied to some nasty dudes and the fact that he was tossing around threats. Frankly I didn't press it much. I was comfortable deleting it on those grounds. For the same reason I was intentionally vague when I explained why it was deleted.

It might be a bit iffy, but I feel like the guidance we've had from Mat on stuff like this in the past is to err on the side of caution.

If ToS had asked for it to be deleted just because he was acting insane, that's totally different and I wouldn't have deleted the thread. For the most part I totally agree with what you said about people being accountable for what they've said in public forums. Again, this wasn't about trying to keep people from looking like asses or anything.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:49 PM

Dids,

"If ToS had asked for it to be deleted just because he was acting insane, that's totally different and I wouldn't have deleted the thread."

But for Krantz you do? Double standards suck. I recall Krantz writing stuff like "BRING IT ON PUSSY, COME TO NYC, BRING YOUR SWEDISH FRIENDS AND GUNS AND BOMBS AND WHATEVER AND FLY TO NYC TOMORROW AND LET'S FIGHT. I'LL GIVE YOU MY ADDRESS AND YOU CAN SHOW UP YOU LITTLE BITCH, BRING ALL YOUR F'ING SWEDISH FRIENDS AND LET'S FIGHT" in the openly viewable FTP chat.

Whatever, I don't really care. I just think it is retarded for Krantz to go off like that in chat and then bitch to a mod when it gets reposted. Guy wants to be Internet tough guy to tilt guys one moment and then turns into a scared little bitch the next? Pathetic.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:56 PM

El D,

yeah, pretty much my sentiments exactly.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:56 PM

if anything mat is against complete deletion if the thread has a decent # of replies
Old 07-25-2007, 09:01 PM

el d,

sounds about right
Old 07-25-2007, 09:13 PM

It's not like I don't think it's fairly bitchmade on Krantz's part. It's still a request I'm willing to honor. To me, the loss of a few threads is worth it if the guy feels safer. We can all debate how reasonable his feelings might be, but I put myself in his shoes and made a judgment call.

And yes, there is a slight double standard. I think it's better for NVG if high limit 2p2ers are comfortable posting there, it's even kidna noted in the sticky.

Daryn,

I've been pretty vocal about the fact that I really dislike the notion of deleting threads via moving them to the mod forum. I only move them if I think there's something to debate. In this case, right or wrong, I didn't. I just think that clutters up the mod forum.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 PM

Dibs,

I think mod actions like this foster an attitude of "write/post/say whatever the fk i want because if i regret my words later i can just get them deleted."

I think that's bad for the forum.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:25 PM

That's exactly why I added the note about this being a judgment call in my first post in that thread. I obviously don't want to establish that as something that's ok.

I kinda like astro's takeback rule in OOT, but I'm not sure it's in NVG's best interest to ban the biggest winner online for a month.