Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 09:33 PM

Default Re: Inappropriate Avatar?

[ QUOTE ]
if MM wouldn't like it or find it funny we can take it down, no need to get into hyperbole

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly. i can pretty much assure everyone that if you think it's offensive, so does mason

discussions about specific avatars are usually a total waste of time. i told ed there were some complaints and he changed it. i'm sure he would have changed it for any one of you upon request
Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 AM

Clayton's title is 'Buddy Christ'. I've always found that an inappropriate title to've been given out. Plus, his avatar....

I still think the avatar in the OP is over the line. I mean, if the guy wrote in text in posts calling Ribbo a serial rapist, we'd tell him to knock it off. With that avatar, every time he posts he's doing it.

ajfenix's avatar is a still from the TV show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He said he'd change it if it's causing any problems.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

ajfenix's avatar is a still from the TV show, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He said he'd change it if it's causing any problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean RiverFenix [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2007, 04:21 AM

I just skimmed this thread so I missed some posts, but I want to say that I think removing that snowman avatar is really silly. I have seen it thousands of times in ed's posts and never knew wtf it was. I saw it in this thread and stared at it for 5 minutes to figure out what the problem was. Then I read TT's posts and had to look at it for another minute to figure out why it was related to Hitler. Sure, nazis suck. Honestly though, to say that we're giving whatever white supremacy group free exposure, that seems laughable at best. It just doesn't seem like something worth getting riled up over, especially once you consider that ed is a good poster who's never said anything even remotely racist (to my knowledge).

TT,

Have you copyrighted the phrase "nazi-twins"? I think that would be a sweet code name for an enemy.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT,

Have you copyrighted the phrase "nazi-twins"? I think that would be a sweet code name for an enemy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have secretly called you and JBB that for the past two years [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Clayton's title is 'Buddy Christ'. I've always found that an inappropriate title to've been given out. Plus, his avatar....

I still think the avatar in the OP is over the line. I mean, if the guy wrote in text in posts calling Ribbo a serial rapist, we'd tell him to knock it off. With that avatar, every time he posts he's doing it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clayton's is from the Kevin Smith movie 'Dogma' ... I can change it if people wanted me to.
~J
Old 04-06-2007, 01:36 PM

For the next update, could we get rid of display names and avatars. We could identify ourselves by member number. We would have to get rid of the 4's because it would offend our chinese members, and get rid of 13s cause that is unlucky. We could also get rid of all these poker terms that are highly offensive, such as donk or fish. Everybody would have to learn seat positions for hand histories. Hijack position wouldn't be allowed since that sounds too much like a terrorist. They could also use hero and not hero. Villian is too offensive, so that would be banned too.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:38 PM

The term evanal would also be banned.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:44 PM

Changing Clayton's title would be [censored] ridic. Removing everything that just might offend somebody is slipperly slope the ends up with Nick's joke being reality.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Changing Clayton's title would be [censored] ridic. Removing everything that just might offend somebody is slipperly slope the ends up with Nick's joke being reality.

[/ QUOTE ]

A-f**king-men. This abrupt shift to moral-majority-style censorship is really freaking me out. I've learned to put up with the profanity filter, as ludicrous as it is, but removing "Buddy Christ" (and what -- all BBV references to Raptor Christ, too?) would put me on life tilt.