Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2007, 04:01 AM

Default Re: this hand is just sick

oh and btw i forgot to mention this in the OP, but i am pretty sure that UTG+1 is bad. I dont remember who he is though, so sorry if he's one of you
Old 02-20-2007, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
1) its not like I flatcalled cause I was like "oh shtt, they probably have the nutters fit or fold!". I flatcalled cause i had position, cause I thought it was reasonable that one of them would have a weaker ace and I might win a big pot if we both hit. basically, position was why i called. I would never call w/ AK oop like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats precisely the reason why I agreed with your flatcall.

JT
Old 02-20-2007, 04:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a few things:
1) its not like I flatcalled cause I was like "oh shtt, they probably have the nutters fit or fold!". I flatcalled cause i had position, cause I thought it was reasonable that one of them would have a weaker ace and I might win a big pot if we both hit. basically, position was why i called. I would never call w/ AK oop like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

how did this work out for you in this hand? we have one of the better flops we could hope for and yet we are afraid to put money in.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]

how did this work out for you in this hand? we have one of the better flops we could hope for and yet we are afraid to put money in.

[/ QUOTE ]
certainly the flop was good for me, although definitely a lot scarier than an Axx flop. In theory it didn't work out that badly for me (except that UTG rivered a flush with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).. i felt like i had control of the pot.

However, I dont really see how that was worse than pushing and taking down a small pot or losing my stack.

As i said before, I think folding is probably best.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
certainly the flop was good for me, although definitely a lot scarier than an Axx flop. In theory it didn't work out that badly for me (except that UTG rivered a flush with 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]).. i felt like i had control of the pot.

However, I dont really see how that was worse than pushing and taking down a small pot or losing my stack.

As i said before, I think folding is probably best.

[/ QUOTE ]

your reverse implied odds suck when you call. you have to excercise pot control and often check when you hit a pair because the strength of your hand is so faceup when you bet. Your positional advantage is not that great because you are in a 3 way reraised pot and so much money goes in preflop.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:24 AM

i would prob just fold preflop if the table hadnt been very active. if it was i am 4 betting. calling cold just creates awkward spots where its obvious if u hit your hand and it will be hard to get value from it/not get stacked
Old 02-20-2007, 04:26 AM

and I disagree. This flop is better than Axx assuming xx is lower than J.

I would much rather have AKQ flop rather than a AT9 or AT8 flop.

if you think villain's range is so narrow that you have to excercise pot control on a AKQ flop, you should really just fold preflop.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:28 AM

oh with an UTG raise and an UTG+1 reraise I am folding this almost always
Old 02-20-2007, 05:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
oh with an UTG raise and an UTG+1 reraise I am folding this almost always

[/ QUOTE ]

Mee too, unless UTG is a known donk, so UTg+1 might isolating him.In that case i'd probably just push.
And why is there even a question on the river?
The only hand that might call a moderate bet on this board and you beat is AQ.All the others have you crushed.If there wasn't a 3rd heart, i might bet like 2/5 the pot for value and that's really villain dependand as well.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:36 AM

Is it even possible to play any weaker by any of you? UTG has rivered a flush and checks? You have toptwo and check turn after they both checked flop AND turn? I like your play preflop and flop but turn and river is horrible imo.