Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: player deliberately disconnecting himself on pokerstars

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah. Remember today there is effectively 0% of games refused (at least at Stars), since it is not an option. But still plenty of games go off.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Did you think at all before you wrote that? lololol

So people can't decline games now... and you think that because games go now, when they CAN'T decline and have to play whoever signs up, good or bad, more games will go when they CAN decline?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop lol'ing at my posts or I'll stop responding to yours. So you think that all of the people who just play whoever joins their game now will all of a sudden become super-selective and refuse a bunch of games? Not gonna happen. Will almost exclusively be used to prevent stalking. Also, people who may not register first now because of game selection will register first with the right of refusal, so more games may actually get started. And in the plan I describe the player who refuses loses his registration so another game will go off quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I apologize for laughing at your posts.

It appears I'm not going to be able to convince you anytime soon.

By the way, I only suggested it might be slightly bad for business. I actually would like it if the sites implemented this option, to be clear (and, in my case, it would actually result in me playing MORE HU sit&gos, though I maintain intelligent players would avoid breakeven or close-to-breakeven matches, which they are currently unable to do).

P.S. Feel free to lol at me anytime you think I'm being lol-worthy. I don't mind.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:40 PM

IMO this is a horrible move from Pokerstars. Does it say anywhere in the T&Cs that you may only disconnect x times in 24 hours or you get your account locked? (If it doesn't than this is totally unjustified) The only exception could be if they contacted the disconnector and warned him before locking the account. (My god damn Full Tilt account freezes/ disconnects at least once a day, so maybe Full Tilt should lock my account too???)
So if this is the only way the fish can get back at someone trying to rape him then that should be OK no?
Also OP good job at pissing off a fish possibly making him/ her quit Pokerstars forever.
Thanks again !!!
(you are such a pro but cant handle when the fish angleshoots.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA)
Old 10-04-2007, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nah. Remember today there is effectively 0% of games refused (at least at Stars), since it is not an option. But still plenty of games go off.

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

Did you think at all before you wrote that? lololol

So people can't decline games now... and you think that because games go now, when they CAN'T decline and have to play whoever signs up, good or bad, more games will go when they CAN decline?

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop lol'ing at my posts or I'll stop responding to yours. So you think that all of the people who just play whoever joins their game now will all of a sudden become super-selective and refuse a bunch of games? Not gonna happen. Will almost exclusively be used to prevent stalking. Also, people who may not register first now because of game selection will register first with the right of refusal, so more games may actually get started. And in the plan I describe the player who refuses loses his registration so another game will go off quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]
I apologize for laughing at your posts.

It appears I'm not going to be able to convince you anytime soon.

By the way, I only suggested it might be slightly bad for business. I actually would like it if the sites implemented this option, to be clear (and, in my case, it would actually result in me playing MORE HU sit&gos, though I maintain intelligent players would avoid breakeven or close-to-breakeven matches, which they are currently unable to do).

P.S. Feel free to lol at me anytime you think I'm being lol-worthy. I don't mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well we agree a lot more than I thought. I agree it may slightly reduce # of HU SNGs, but it may also slightly increase them. It definately is good for overall customer satisfaction as it is only fair that both players should agree to sit with each other HU for 30+ minutes.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
IMO this is a horrible move from Pokerstars. Does it say anywhere in the T&Cs that you may only disconnect x times in 24 hours or you get your account locked? (If it doesn't than this is totally unjustified) The only exception could be if they contacted the disconnector and warned him before locking the account. (My god damn Full Tilt account freezes/ disconnects at least once a day, so maybe Full Tilt should lock my account too???)
So if this is the only way the fish can get back at someone trying to rape him then that should be OK no?
Also OP good job at pissing off a fish possibly making him/ her quit Pokerstars forever.
Thanks again !!!
(you are such a pro but cant handle when the fish angleshoots.....HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA)

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify what happened, he was warned before his account got locked, and his account was only temporarily locked until the end of the heads up sit and go. He was clearly not going to stop disconnecting himself any other way and the tourney would have lasted 3 hours.

Also he wasn't exactly a fish, according to sharkscope he was a winning player. he was just very ignorant and talked a lot of [censored] and that just made me wanna play him and beat him even more.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks again !!!

[/ QUOTE ]

To clarify what happened, he was warned before his account got locked, and his account was only temporarily locked until the end of the heads up sit and go. He was clearly not going to stop disconnecting himself any other way and the tourney would have lasted 3 hours.

Also he wasn't exactly a fish, according to sharkscope he was a winning player. he was just very ignorant and talked a lot of [censored] and that just made me wanna play him and beat him even more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, that's an OK way to handle it for stars. If they did warn him, and he was just so pissed that you followed him....and he only got frozen temporarily...
nh stars