Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-23-2006, 01:54 PM

Default Poker Tracker, don\'t waste your money

If you have been contemplating buying Poker Tracker software, I would suggest you look elsewhere for database type software. I have been using Poker Tracker, here after PT, for a couple years now. I have had numerous problems with this software.

The first problem with this software was that it corrupted its own database and I could not compact the database ever, and when I emailed support they were clueless on how to fix it. It took a year to finally get some kind of fix to this problem, but that didn't work.

I had to re-install PT on a new computer and so I had to import my hand histories into the new computer and this was a total pain in the butt because I had literally hundreds of tournament summaries that I had to get from Poker Stars. So I ended up just deleting everything before 2006, which was a total pain, not too mention all my UB and FT and Party Poker stats, due to this companies lack of support.

Now, this software rountinely freezes up while importing tournament summaries, not HHs, but just how everyone finished in the tourney. It is a simple matter of reading and inserting names into the database, but no, PT cannot handle this. Everytime you try and do something else while it is importing it freezes up. It also takes an incredible amount of CPU time and will bog down your system while you are playing.

I emailed the support at PT numerous times and was basically ignored and given no real answers or solutions. After 3 emails and nothing, I sent an email asking why this "insert acronym here for a common derogatory word" software kept freezing up. At this point even though I used and abreviation so as not to offend anyone personally, but to get my frustration level across, the support guy cried about cursing, which, I will say I didn't. Using an abbreviation is not the same thing to me, and I explained this to the guy, but he was having none of it.

The support before this last email was horrible. This software is erratic and unstable most of the time.

I would not waste my money on it, nor would I recommend it to anyone else.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: Poker Tracker, don\'t waste your money

I, and I suspect thousands of other users as well, have had no problems whatsoever with the software. When I needed support, for example when sites change their HH format, they have always been extremely prompt and helpful.
Old 12-23-2006, 02:12 PM

They have their own forum where you can find out how to fix most problems or get your questions answered quickly. You could even ask ?'s in the software forum here and probably get helped within a few hours.

PokerTracker rocks and I highly recommend it.
Old 12-23-2006, 11:55 PM

No problems here either. I have thousands of tourneys in here and it doesnt freeze up at all. Support was always quick and helpful too.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:17 AM

I'm not sure if its been mentioned, but poker tracker is awesome, as are the helpful folks behind it. I bought it years ago, and I'm probably on my tenth install due to formats or new computers. I've never had it take more than an hour to get a new activation code.
Old 12-24-2006, 12:37 AM

it sounds more like you need a new computer
Old 12-24-2006, 01:12 AM

it rocks, have never had any problems with it..
Old 12-24-2006, 01:31 AM

Here is the thing.

I read 2+2 dailey since 1999 and I do not know how many 10s of thousands PT there are out there.

You are the very 1st person I have ever heard complain about PT. What makes this even MORe remarkable is that this is 2+2, known through out the world as the whineyest, most discontent, most flaming and aggressive poker forum on the net.

PT support has to be one of the best supports in the world, have you tried their forum?

it sounds more like you need a new computer

YOU, are #1.
Old 12-24-2006, 01:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I, and I suspect thousands of other users as well, have had no problems whatsoever with the software. When I needed support, for example when sites change their HH format, they have always been extremely prompt and helpful.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-24-2006, 04:52 AM

I have something constructive to add to this thread.

Pokertracker is awesome and this thread sucks. That is all.