Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: Why I signed up (LONG)

I am actually on vacation but I got an email directing me back to this thread and I wanted to just say how thankful both bax and I are for both the positive reviews and the constructive criticism and suggestions.

2+2 is about as critical of a site there is so we really appreciate the input so we can contnue doing the things that are working and so that we can help improve things that need work.

No one is "on the payroll" so to speak, that posts a review...that would be well beneath us and be of little use. In the end, the content will detrmine our success, and we really really really appreciate all the feedback.

sheets
(and bax by forced proxy lol)
Old 04-01-2006, 05:18 PM

OK, dude.. I'll take your comments and JC Saves at face value. Sorry if offended you.. not my goal..

So.. taking the comments on face value.. I signed up...
I'll let you know how it goes when I get a moment..
Right now back to writing ebay ads..
Oh well gotta pay the bills...
Old 04-01-2006, 05:36 PM

Default Re: Poker X factor site by Johnny Bax

What would be cool is if johnnybax and sheets came to the next wpt event with xfactor costumes like the xmen and have the ace logo on their chest.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:40 PM

Not getting much out of the PokerXFactor site, well, I think that some people that might be true, you know the type that thinks they know it all, but for all the other players from new to experienced, there is no way that you will not get a lot out of this site.

Sheets and Bax are two of the most successful online players out there. They also have had a lot of success live as well. To think that people can't learn from them is a farse.

The site is ever evolving and adding new features on a weekly basis, or so it seems. Using this site is a no-brainer if you want to become more consistent in you winnings.

But too tell you the truth, it is okay with those of us that are members if you don't join. There will always be a need for people that can donate their money to us when we are playing.

priceless content
Old 04-12-2006, 01:44 PM

I signed up today & it owns. As JC said I hope it doesn't become too popular. After watching a few videos I feel like I've learned at least as much as reading HOH 1& 2.

And Johnny Bax & Sheets are both very entertaining to listen to. Worth every penny.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:24 PM

Yeah no kidding eh? I don't want people going all-in on my BB on every orbit or the BB re-raising me when I limp in from SB :P
Old 04-12-2006, 07:31 PM

Note to Mephisto, when I reraise you 2.5x or more, fold. lol
Old 04-12-2006, 07:43 PM

ROFL, I'll think about it for the next time ;-)
Old 04-18-2006, 11:29 AM

A sort of bump and a thanks. I signed up about 5 days ago and I am already improving faster than I thought possible. I think it shows too in my level of consistency with a one FT and a near FT in the past three days. Not bad having only played four tourneys in that span. The amount I have learned is amazing. Thanks JB and Sheets.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:44 PM

I am very seriously considering signing up tomorrow however am unsure if it will benefit me at the level I play at. I only have a small bankroll of around $500 so I cannot afford any of the big buy-in tournaments etc. I have always loved tournaments but basically in every one I have played in, with the exception of two, I struggle by the time the blinds get to 50/100 and 150/300 etc, my stack dwindles and I basically end up going out early. I really struggle with this sort of play and I'd love to try and take my tournament play to the next level and have a stack going into the 2nd hour.

Will these videos and instruction benefit even myself who plays at lower levels or are the concepts for higher level play. Any advice from people in my position who have tried this out would be great - what is your experience?

I generally play lower level no limit cash games more now but I really want to get into my tournament play.

Thanks.