Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2006, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Collusion? discraceful dumping chips at bubble by J. Be Good

I guess there is just a difference between how you and I play the game Lloyd which is fine, but the situation I outlined is pretty straightforward. I guess I would be paying attention and not AUTO-doing anything with a huge stack, and secondly it is my job to call and knock that guy out to END the tourney so that I can do other things, especially when there is no risk to me, again NO RISK.

I stand by my assertions. I fully understand there are justifications for or should I say excuses for folding, but they are never correct, in my opinion.

Very interesting responses. I posted this in a couple different forums, and the other forums had a decidely different view on this type of play.
Old 04-12-2006, 01:37 PM

Lloyd is right JC. There are many players who when they multi-table use the check/fold option to save time irregardless of the circumstances. Why would you even consider this chip dumping? Not even close to what it means to chip dump.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess there is just a difference between how you and I play the game Lloyd which is fine, but the situation I outlined is pretty straightforward. I guess I would be paying attention and not AUTO-doing anything with a huge stack, and secondly it is my job to call and knock that guy out to END the tourney so that I can do other things, especially when there is no risk to me, again NO RISK.

I stand by my assertions. I fully understand there are justifications for or should I say excuses for folding, but they are never correct, in my opinion.

Very interesting responses. I posted this in a couple different forums, and the other forums had a decidely different view on this type of play.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's because those of us at 2+2 have loose morals. I heard one poster here insinuate that he smokes THE MARIJUANA.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

it's because those of us at 2+2 have loose morals. I heard one poster here insinuate that he smokes THE MARIJUANA.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 04-12-2006, 02:52 PM

I think it's exceedingly hilarious that a guy with the username JC_Saves is being egregiously judgemental and belligerent towards other 2+2ers.

Let me guess, this is the guy that got the $91, right?
Old 04-12-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's exceedingly hilarious that a guy with the username JC_Saves is being egregiously judgemental and belligerent towards other 2+2ers.

Let me guess, this is the guy that got the $91, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha

I was going to post the same thing, but not as nicely as you.
Old 04-12-2006, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm never in that situation because I play properly and never wind up with a billion chips in a sat, but whatever, if I liked the button for some reason I'd fold too. This includes stuff like the button just being friendly at the table.

In fact, if I had a billion chips I'd have sat out and made myself a sandwich in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

what if you change the way you play against one player because of your feeligns towards another player? for instance if the OP was a short stack i'd gladly softplay all other short stacks to give him more of a chance to bust.

c
Old 04-12-2006, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm aghast and shocked. Certainly the forum cannot condone this type of behavior....

This guy had to have clicked "check/fold" and is also making a sandwich in the kitchen...
Old 04-12-2006, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean MARIJUANA CIGARETTES?!?! My GOD!

It least we know he isn't multi-accounting...too dazed and confused
Old 04-12-2006, 03:17 PM

If his cards weren't very good, he probably didn't want to risk doubling the shortie up even further.

Don't jump to conclusions.