[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-22-2007, 12:27 PM

Default Re: Big draw..... Big stacks

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
pf is awful. 3-bet or fold.
bet/3-bet flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

wouldnt a bet/3-bet be awkward given the stack sizes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn ... didn't see stacks.

[ QUOTE ]
edit: also i kinda agree w/ 3betting pf, especially w/ these stacks. but im wondering what people cold-calling ranges are from the blinds. it seems like ppl only cold-call w/ low PP's and this in itself is very eploitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is only exploitable against someone who knows you only call pairs - i.e. a very very small number of villains (unless you table select atrociously). Against a good hand reader that can see this, you can adjust by flat calling a few more hands. These hands have to be decent tho since you are OOP - like AKs (NOT AKo!), and a percent of the time JJ-AA (maybe when both hole cards are black). But to be honest, at 100nl you don't need to do this basically ever. Even at 200 I don't bother, and at 400 I have waited for some non-morons to do this with but haven't seen any yet.
Old 09-22-2007, 12:29 PM

I think preflop is fine. We're deep as hell and have sexy implied odds against a tag/nit's UTG range.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:44 PM

PF isn't great, but we're allowed to play poker OOP w/ a fun hand like JTs. I like c/raise flop myself. Donk betting and double barrelling turn if he calls is neat too imo.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:49 PM

im not gonna bet/3 bet this unless my three bet makes for a nice all in in relation to the pot, I check raise, check a blank, lead another K, Q, or spade
Old 09-22-2007, 02:04 PM

Why c/r or b3b the flop? Maybe I am missing something but He folds QQ- and continues with hands that have better equity against us.

We basically build a pot for a better hand and it put us in a bad spot if he has a huge hand and commits himself to our raise.

I would either c/c or b/c. Then I might c/r the turn if he dbl barrels with any regularity. He still folds QQ- but this time we win a bigger pot when our equity is worse. Ie. He makes a bigger mistake folding the turn instead of the flop.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:11 PM

What's wrong w/ folding all the hands that are still beating us on the flop? I'd rather fold out QQ,JJ,TT,99,77,66,......now seeing's how were on a draw and build a big pot for when we hit our spade/Q.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 PM

if we c/r sure we fold out 66-QQ which is good. but vs the hands we want to play a big pot w/ if we hit will surely come over the top of a c/r, leaving us w/ no fe and probably bad odds to call.

so far i like the b/c line the most, followed by c/c, i dont like c/r for the reasons above and b/3b is real bad w/ these stacks.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong w/ folding all the hands that are still beating us on the flop? I'd rather fold out QQ,JJ,TT,99,77,66,......now seeing's how were on a draw and build a big pot for when we hit our spade/Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is that he's folding the turn with almost the same frequency that he folds the flop. The difference is that our equity is much lower on the turn, Ie. he makes a big mistake as oppose to a small one by folding the flop.

The other issue is when he holds a monster like AK, AA, KK, he's going to be 4 betting if we 3 bet, and 3 betting if we C/r a huge amount of the time. Our equity versus this range isn't that great and we put ourselves in some very tough spots by putting in extra raises on the flop.

When he puts in the 3rd and 4th raise, his range is going to be heavily weighted to those monster hands. We have zero fold equity vs those hands and our equity isn't that great.

If you want to fold out underpairs, just lead the flop. When he raises, just call because his range at that point is going to be weighted to the bigger hands.