Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: JDags busto?

[ QUOTE ]
watch his play on hsp season 3 and you might get a hint as to why he may be busto.

i really loved how he was deliberating a huge river call for 30.000 $ with like middle pair for quite some time, clearly knew he was beat and still managed to say "alright, merry christmas" before shoveing the chips in the middle ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

im pretty sure he had pair of queens [censored] kicker and ivey had top 2 or pair of queens better kicker. dags deliberated and gave him an early xmas gift to the tune of 30,000 or so.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:02 PM

Yea I heard he said "merry xmas" or something and then called off with some weak pair on the river.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:07 PM

i doubt it's him, or at least if it is i don't think he's playing his normal game. he played like 40/20 in the big Omaha games and has been playing like 22/10 at 2-4. even if he has adapted his game somewhat to the lower level, I doubt he would play that tight. more likely he's loaning his account to someone else for rake purposes.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
watch his play on hsp season 3 and you might get a hint as to why he may be busto.

i really loved how he was deliberating a huge river call for 30.000 $ with like middle pair for quite some time, clearly knew he was beat and still managed to say "alright, merry christmas" before shoveing the chips in the middle ... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

He had top pair with middle kicker.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:32 PM

I have a feeling that John is just taking it easy these days because of his very young daughter.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 PM

BTW, Cardplayer has a video up of JDags and Mariaelena's house up now.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:48 PM

I wondered what was up because you used to see him on FTP playing fairly high stakes all the time. Now, I never see him on there.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wondered what was up because you used to see him on FTP playing fairly high stakes all the time. Now, I never see him on there.

[/ QUOTE ]

new-ish house, baby daughter
Old 10-18-2007, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Playing 4 tables PLO 2/4$ right now,is this for FTP advertising or is he broke? Discuss....

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't mean that he is busto. I see some of the FTP pros playing the low-limit games on a regular basis. Seidel shows up at 5/10 Razz now and again, for example.
Old 10-18-2007, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

new-ish house, baby daughter

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah i saw a video interview with him, either card player or pokernews. He said the baby has taken alot of his time and he really only plays online when he is watching basketball or something. Ill try and find the link, his wife is interviewed aswell.