Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 07:49 PM

Default 1/2 AA vs 3 opponents

UTG - 65, 8, 0.5
UTG+1 - 33, 11, 1.9
BB - 48, 8, 1.3

UTG & BB are idiots, and UTG+1 is semiLoose but raising with good hands. Only 100 hands and i believe high VPIP is a result of his position on these 2 idiots because he has only 20% on 0.5/1.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (12.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (12.25 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.25 BB

<u>My thinking</u>
Preflop:
Great, raise before me so I can reraise and knock those 2 unpredictable idiots out of the pot and stay HU. Wrong. These guys aren't folding.

Flop:
Not bad, but because of that preflop reraise from UTG+1, I'm afraid he has KK. Great, he bets out so I can reraise and knock those idiots out. Wrong again. What can they possibly have?

Turn:
Bad card for me, but I still believe I'm ahead of preflop raiser since he probably has a big pair (other than KK) or AK. Idiots are betting here if they have a flush. I check, because I'm certain BB and UTG won't fold here unless they have absolutely nothing.
Is checking here a mistake?

River:
Last player to act, I have to call here?

How did I play this hand?
Old 07-25-2006, 08:05 PM

Default Re: 1/2 AA vs 3 opponents

Bet/fold or bet/call turn. I tend to bet/call because I cannot fold AA. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-25-2006, 08:15 PM

**grunch**

idiots will call 2 with crap, especially with a big pot ... so who cares about them

you need to bet the turn
Old 07-25-2006, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... I check, because I'm certain BB and UTG won't fold here unless they have absolutely nothing

[/ QUOTE ]

why do you want them to fold? ... why is this your purpose for betting/checking

I'm also thinking that UGT1 3bets flop if he has KK
Old 07-25-2006, 08:29 PM

My take on AA is I am gonna lose about 20 to 30% of the time regardless. If this is one of the times so it is but I will be dammed if I am gonna give anyone a free card with the chance to hit a 4 flush on the river.

I want to know if they made a mistake by calling the turn. I want to see if they slow down as they did with the flush draw, if they raise a flush draw only to check raise it when it hits.

Bottom line, I don't care about the dead money in the pot, whether they win or not they proved they don't play well and the more info I gather on UTG+1 the better.

The trickier they are in this case the more likely they are gonna
Old 07-25-2006, 08:39 PM

I think you miss some value not betting the turn here. Not to mention that you freeroll A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], who aren't folding to a bet but should at least be paying to draw. If you get c/r'd on the turn then I start getting concerned. Slowing down automatically when the 3rd flush card falls on the turn is MUBS, particularly when 2 of your opponents are playing so many hands. Also, if UTG+1 is decent he's 3-betting a set on the flop after those other chumps call 2 cold. As you played it I'm calling the river.
Old 07-26-2006, 05:24 AM

omgz bet the turn already
Old 07-26-2006, 07:03 AM

Agree with your point on UTG1. Thats why I was only afraid of those 2 muppets. I don't think I'm beat, because they're betting when they hit, but against 3 opponents, if 2 have one diamond, I have no less than 11 clear outs against me (8 diamonds and 3 for a set from UTG1) without possible straight or gutshot outs.

I want them to fold because this is PokerRoom network, I'm sure river will beat me no matter what they hold [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 07-26-2006, 07:16 AM

Default Re: 1/2 AA vs 3 opponents - results

Thank you for all the replies. After 3 months of continuous bad beats on this network, my confidence is at the lowest point ever, thats why I'm not really sure to do in these situations.

As it turns out, nobody had a diamond.
BB has 6s 9s (straight, ten high).
UTG has 9h Js (straight, jack high).
UTG+1 has Qc Qh (one pair, queens).
Hero has Ac Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins 16.25 BB.
Old 07-26-2006, 07:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop:
Great, raise before me so I can reraise and knock those 2 unpredictable idiots out of the pot and stay HU.

[/ QUOTE ]
No! You don't raise to knock the idiots out but to take their money. You actually hope that they call with terrible hands.

[ QUOTE ]
Wrong. These guys aren't folding.

[/ QUOTE ]
Good for you.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop:
Not bad, but because of that preflop reraise from UTG+1, I'm afraid he has KK. Great, he bets out so I can reraise and knock those idiots out. Wrong again. What can they possibly have?

[/ QUOTE ]
They are calling stations. Their call clearly indicates that they have 2 cards each.

As others have said already, bet the turn.