Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Entertainment Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: ***Official Boys Night Discussion 2.20.07***

[ QUOTE ]
They were all terrible! Cant believe I was able to sell all of my Sanjayas at breakeven price and made over double my money selling Jared Cotter after that rubbish!

[/ QUOTE ]

You [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] vig.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
how often have they done the first few people were terrible and then the show picked up in quality? .. i'm inclined to say that they do it practically every show..... come on, were the last guys really way better than brandon rogers?.. the whole exercise is completely fabricated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure they pick up in quality as the season goes on but last year I feel like there were more horrible performances and more good performances. This year I feel like everyone was in a narrow band between pretty bad and below average.

Lots of boring, forgettable performances. I think Simon was on the money with his overall remarks.

Unexpectedly bad:

Sundance
Sanjaya
Brandon

Unexpectedly decent:

Blake
Phil

Going home:

Paul
Rudy

Rounding out the bottom 3:

Nicholas
or
Jared

Based on tonight I can't see a male American Idol. I don't think any of these guys could compete with Taylor or Elliott or Chris. I think even Ace would seem like a star singing against the caliber of performances we saw tonight.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:37 AM

I didn't think Brandon was 'bad', he was just nothing special either way. Look for him to make a comeback next week, when they reshowed his audition I was fiarly impressed. Sanjaya and Sundance were awful though, hopefully they can bounce back since I like both of them.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:39 AM

I don't know why, but I really liked Sundance's performance. The vocals were spotty, but I thought his voice was very rich.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They were all terrible! Cant believe I was able to sell all of my Sanjayas at breakeven price and made over double my money selling Jared Cotter after that rubbish!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

vig? I made profit despite the people I got sucking major. I got Sanjaya at 5 and Cotter at 2!!! For god knows what reason I could sell Cotter back at 5, and Sanjaya at face value.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

vig? I made profit despite the people I got sucking major. I got Sanjaya at 5 and Cotter at 2!!! For god knows what reason I could sell Cotter back at 5, and Sanjaya at face value.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be from my hometown buddies loading up on Cotter, not realizing what a small marketplace it actually was.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:31 AM

broke down and bought a lot of Melinda and Lakisha. Personally I think there is very little chance their stock goes down in a few days, and very good chance it goes up, and up by a lot as time goes on. Not in love with buying favorites but I just think they are without a doubt +EV purchases, especially after the mediocrity we just witnessed.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:51 AM

if sanjaya buzzes his hair, he can be presentable and can crack the top 5 at the end. If chris richardson gets a good quick fix from a voice teacher he will win hands down
Old 02-21-2007, 10:26 AM

I never wagered on AI before. It really brings the show to a whole new level for me.

So tonight we might expect the popular ones to grab a lot of votes even if they give terrible performances. Antonella, Doolittle and Mandisa'07 can do no wrong tonight. Maybe a few longshots will move up (I'm hoping that is Haley, Amy, and Gina).
Old 02-21-2007, 10:31 AM

Overall last night was a huge disappointment and snorefest.
I can't get over how similar 80% of them sounded..and really no "powerful" voice stood out.
After Sanjaya said his sister brought that song to him to sing, all I could think is "Wow...she is out to sabotage him big time!"
I thought Blake had the best performance, and definitely showed that there was more to him than the beatbox. I also thought he had one of the voices that was actually distinctive in that catastrophe of a show.