Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 07:10 AM

Default Limp with small pp

Ok this situation happens with me cpl times in online trny's
I got about 40bb in Stars rebuy bb600,limp in EP with pocket 7s or 9s,Average stack player(like 25bb) raise 3bb from CO,now do i call this HU against average oposition(dont have any special read on hem)?

Last time i got 7s in this situation and i reraised hem allin
trying to represent monster,he obvios cold-calls with A/10o

What is the best line,just flat call and play hem postflop?

Another situation-middle stages of online rebuy trny,i got like 18bb(got cpl bad beats earlyer and one by this plaeyr)
I limp with K/5s UTG+1 same guy(he has about 40bb& been playing loose)raises 3bb from office,now im trying to re-steel and push allin(again representing monster)he cold-calls with A/9o

Am i just outplaeyd myself on this one ,giving hem too much credit?
Old 06-28-2006, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Limp with small pp

First of all if this is an online $20, $10, or $5 rebuy and your limpraises are getting action, I would limpraise with real big pairs.

Secondly, if you are trying to represent AA, and you limp, someone raises (I wasn't sure if he made it 4xBB or 3xBB from your description), I wouldn't push for 25xBB with a small pair. Raise to 10xBB and push any flop or call a third raise. That is better for representing AA.

Third, if the players are that loose, you might be better off folding or calling than limpraising with a limping hand.

Fourth, don't open limp with K5s from second position. This hand is OK sometimes to open limp or limp behind with from CO or button.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok this situation happens with me cpl times in online trny's
I got about 40bb in Stars rebuy bb600,limp in EP with pocket 7s or 9s,Average stack player(like 25bb) raise 3bb from CO,now do i call this HU against average oposition(dont have any special read on hem)?

Last time i got 7s in this situation and i reraised hem allin trying to represent monster ,he obvios cold-calls with A/10o

What is the best line,just flat call and play hem postflop?

Another situation-middle stages of online rebuy trny,i got like 18bb(got cpl bad beats earlyer and one by this plaeyr)
I limp with K/5s UTG+1 same guy(he has about 40bb& been playing loose)raises 3bb from office,now im trying to re-steel and push allin(again representing monster)he cold-calls with A/9o

Am i just outplaeyd myself on this one ,giving hem too much credit?

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's you doing that limp middle pair/push over a raise thing? God, that's annoying. But I've seen it a lot and rarely give credit for a monster here.

With a stack that deep, I think you can just call here and play for set value. There's no point building the pot with a marginal holding OOP. You've got a big stack and you can speculate. If the flop comes with two broadway cards and villain bets into it, you can fold with no harm done. You can evaluate rag flops and ofetn take them down. Obviously, you're going to stack him if he flops an ace and you flop a seven.

Simply don't limp in with K5s, ever. You want hands that have multiple possibilities. Here you're playing for a flush, not the nut flush even, and that alone. If you flop a king and no one else has one, you win a small pot. If you flop a king and someone else has one, you lose a big pot.

Get a book that indicates starting hands, stick to those hands, for a long time.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:47 AM

The reason i was limping with this small pp-my image is wild-agrro,and my raises dont get alota respect in this one
So raising 3bb or 2.5bb dont made hem fold A/x or worst hands