Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Poker and Drug Testing

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that drug testing should be instituted to not only clean up the game but to level the playing field. If i'm playing in a large field 3+day tournament, is it fair that I should be playing against players who are using speed and coke to stay alert? It's like using steroids in Football and those players should be banned.

What do people think?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think its not even possible to accomplish this task
Old 01-23-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
who are using speed and coke to stay alert?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you get your information i've never used drugs drugs are bad it makes you think crazy i know im not crazy and i play poker all the time i remember when i started it was a fun game then it became addicting but i kept playing now it is back to being fun i remember when i first started i was playing tournaments then i switched to sit n gos that was about the time i broke up with my girlfriend she was a real cutie good in bed too but she didnt like me talking about that all the time maybe thats why we broke up i think it has something to do with when i was young my parents were divorced when i was young and it was really wierd seeing my mom date and stuff anyway my mom and dad didnt get along really well but i had a stepbrother who lived in north carolina they lived in the blue ridge mountains it was really really pretty there i liked to go hiking in the mountains i met my first girlfriend there and had my first kiss we used to go running in the rain that was a long time ago god i miss those days....

what was the subject again??????
Old 01-23-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess it didn't get banned.

Anyway, using cocaine or speed would increase your mental alertness during marathon sessions. It's a performance enhancing drug, for poker, and I don't believe it should be allowed. It definitely gives somebody a mental edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you have ever played poker high on coke. Everyone but the player on coke has the edge, trust me on this.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've actually got some good results when i've been coked up.
But i put i all down to variance though, my aggression factor is amazing though [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2007, 09:02 PM

The OP is absolutely correct!

Most people would say that the best poker of alltime is Stu Unger and he was a cokehead. Coincidence? I think not.

If poker is going to be taken seriously as a competitive sport it is integral that we have a governing body make sure that people aren't taking coke or shooting heroin during the games.

Do not even get me started on Mariuana either. I have heard rumors that a lot of these online pros smoke weed during their sessions and they are all amazing players.

Drugs give people an unfair advantage and we need to eradicate our game before people start thinking that poker players are just a bunch of degenerates.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:33 PM

wsop drug testing
Old 01-23-2007, 10:27 PM

Do not even get me started on Mariuana either. I have heard rumors that a lot of these online pros smoke weed during their sessions and they are all amazing players.

I disagree that these players will have a strong win rate over the long haul.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:13 AM

somethin tells me OP has never tried any of these drugs he is worried about.
Old 01-24-2007, 12:29 AM

I think crack is bad for you
Old 01-24-2007, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The OP is absolutely correct!

Most people would say that the best poker of alltime is Stu Unger and he was a cokehead. Coincidence? I think

If poker is going to be taken seriously as a competitive sport it is integral that we have a governing body make sure that people aren't taking coke or shooting heroin during the games.

Drugs give people an unfair advantage and we need to eradicate our game before people start thinking that poker players are just a bunch of degenerates.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your totally wrong. Stu might have done coke but not when he was playing poker. Coke is too edgy and requires to much coke to sucessfully use it to play poker. I think some of the add drugs might be better
Old 01-24-2007, 12:47 AM

Mike & f0xwood : i think you guys got leveled