Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2007, 03:34 AM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

[ QUOTE ]
I am srsly confused as to how usemybank works.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there a question in there somewhere? I've never used it, but it appears to be a way to make a payment via your bank account.
Old 08-25-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW do you have to register your bank with party first before you can withdraw using EFT?

[/ QUOTE ]
i didn't and it worked. EFTs are free (not the same as bank wire).
Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Just a word about usemybank,

I created in ipoker account and tried to deposit using usemybank. My account got flagged by security because I tried to deposit too much, so then they set a limit for me at $380.

It was pretty quick. If you ever use online banking it's like logging into your online banking account. I was really hesitant to use it at first because I'm not so crazy about logging in with my real account usename and password.

I gave it a shot and it worked. Anyways, here's where it gets interesting. Firstly I'm with Royal Bank. When I tried to use it again the next day, I could no longer log in to my online banking by usemybank. Sure enough I went into my online banking's website to log in and I was locked out (!!!) and was not allowed to change my password.

I had to call my bank's CS support to find out what was going on. They couldn't give me any answers just that I could reset my password. Okay..... I still don't know if it was my bank who flagged me for trying to make a deposit to online poker.

There's more. When you try paying by Usemybank, they charge you the current exchange rate PLUS another 4% on top of that. For me to deposit $380, I had to pay $419 CAD which was 1.10 exchange rate when it should be 1.05.

There's more, on my account statement it says $419 was DEPOSITED first into my account and then a withdrawal of $419 was made. So now I'm completely clueless as to what happened. No money actually left my account yet, do I get billed? or did my bank make a mistake? I'm still confused about it.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:56 PM

I have used usemybank at Noble a couple of times and
more at party with no problems. The exchange rate sucks but where can Canadians not get beaten down by exchange? I also bank at Royal and I have never had a problem. Usemy bank is instant but is there a better way for exchange. Does anyone know if a Canadian bank in US dollars would work on Usemybank?
Old 08-25-2007, 07:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am srsly confused as to how usemybank works.

[/ QUOTE ]

If have Canadian intermet banking then you can Usemybank for deposits. Just like an ATM card. Enter account number and password and it is instant deposit to your poker account. I use it for Noble and Party. The first time you use it you have to give them some extra info but it is processed immediately.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:16 PM

Ok due to unforseen circumstances (extra extra long vacation!) i unfortunately have to take some of my bankroll offline. Can any canadian moneybooker account holders please tell me how long it took them to recieve a check in the post. tyvm
Old 08-26-2007, 06:23 PM

So ive read this nice long thread and found i dont need to cash out by cheque i can withdraw straight to my bank acc sweet!
Old 09-14-2007, 11:56 AM

I have used UseMyBank at Stars at least a half dozen times. I have not had any issues with it whatsoever.

My last use was on the 12th of this month and the exchange rate was 0.963 which is excellent.

The use couldn't be easier. The instructions are pretty easy to follow.

The one issue is that the service does require you give a third party your online banking password. If someone is worried about this they can change their password before using the service to a temporary one then restore their password after or just simply change their password to a new one after using the service. I have never bothered to and have had no issues.

There is no fee. The money is removed from you account instantly which I believe is a lot better then e-cheque like services which will eventually get abused by people trying to kite.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:45 PM

what about visa and mastercard for depositing at stars? would that work for in canada and what fees?

epassporte works but for the bonus I am paying $30 in load fees.

and usemybank sucks balls from my experiences but it will be cheaper than $30 in fees at least...
Old 09-14-2007, 08:48 PM

wait, why is cibc usemybank there for party and for stars no cibc??