Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: ***Official November Chat Thread: The Golden Duck***

I really [censored] hate it when retards call 40% of their stack pre-flop, and hit the flop:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (8 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 ($308.15)
CO ($400)
<font color="#C00000">Button ($220)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($623.15)</font>
BB ($562.20)
UTG ($484)
UTG+1 ($400)
MP1 ($417.15)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $4.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $12</font>, MP2 calls $12, CO (poster) calls $8, Button calls $12, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $90</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button calls $78.

Flop: ($220) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $130</font>, Button calls $130 (All-In).

Turn: ($0) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: ($0) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $480

Results:
Button has J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, jacks and eights).
Hero has K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (one pair, eights).
Outcome: Button wins $480.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM

Think I'll be staying at 6 max for a while [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].
Old 11-29-2007, 10:22 PM

Today was the absolutely the most tilt inducing day I've ever experienced. If it wasnt for some monster bluffs I would have lost alotalot more. Never been checkraised and led into so much. Never had so many monsters folded against. I flop the nuts twice, lead, have someone raise, I call and they proceed to c then fold the river.

Old 11-29-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prodigy I'll offer a different perspective.

I spent years of my younger life partying (I'm 29 now) and I regret not doing something a little more productive. I look back at some of the things I did that were cool and funny at the time and now they just seem silly and stupid.

You know what you want (I read your thread in F.I.B) and you have a good head on your shoulders.

And now I feel really, really old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yo I'm a young little punkass [censored] but I'm pretty wise and I'll tell you the reality of the situation.

[censored] going out and getting shitfaced cause you're young that's for cowards, do that [censored] when you're a made man. The average person on this planet is a worthless peice of [censored] who is always looking for handouts and a shortcut. The only reason I even respect prodigy is because he's trying to earn it, no shorts no losses. What he is doing now is crafting an ability that may mean no matter what happens in life he can make 100k/yr. Ask a [censored]' 19 year old at Any College , USA what his plans are to get to make 100k a year and the best answer a typical punk [censored] will come up with is working for their Dad if they are blessed, or working for a company and moving up the chain. You guys should be respecting his ambition not clowning him for not getting crunked with [censored].
Old 11-29-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Prodigy I'll offer a different perspective.

I spent years of my younger life partying (I'm 29 now) and I regret not doing something a little more productive. I look back at some of the things I did that were cool and funny at the time and now they just seem silly and stupid.

You know what you want (I read your thread in F.I.B) and you have a good head on your shoulders.

And now I feel really, really old.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. I would rather set myself for life financially than party with a bunch of idiots right now. Maybe one day I will change, but I simply don't have that gene in me right now. There is only one reason I would be going to these parties, and it would be to get laid. I would have fun and all and hang out with the guys, but my main reason for going would prob. be to get laid. As I have that part of my life already taken care of, now my outlook shifts to becoming wealthy. I will start partying some and all, but I can party a lot better in Hawaii as a millionaire when I am 21-25 with no worries about failing school, making money, or anything else but just having fun.

So when you guys are working your 9-5's across the world I will stop by at each and every one of your jobs and point and laugh :P
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So when you guys are working your 9-5's across the world I will stop by at each and every one of your jobs and point and laugh :P

[/ QUOTE ]

famous last words? hubris is a bitch you should work on some humility
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Only a couple more weeks.

I am like 50k points away from 500k VPP.

I am taking a few weeks off once that is done. I am so done with the grinding lifestyle. I am going to learn how to actually play poker, lolz. I'll still play a bit those weeks but I'm cutting 8hrs/day--&gt; 2hrs/day for like ever hopefully. It is time to start my move up the ladder instead of grinding.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are going to realize how much you wasted your first semester at college when you look back on it. I mean, grinding 8 hours a day can't have left you much time to meet new people anyways and I know you don't go out to parties because you're a whipped SOB. I regret not going to enough parties my freshman year and not meeting too many people outside my dorm and I went out 2-3 times a week every single week. There is just so much stuff to do, people to hang out with, girls to bang that you are missing.

[/ QUOTE ]

idk why you cant do both, i think i did that
Old 11-29-2007, 10:31 PM

I agree, i used to be Mr popular, lots of girls etc. then i found poker. Oddly enough it was the first time i felt passionate about somthing. I literally didnt leave my apt for a long time. when i moved back home it was pretty much the same. a couple months back i started goin out alot again and living it up. all i have to show for it is a few storys to add on to my many i already have, A slightly less functioning brain, A bankroll that is pityful considereing how much $ i made this year.

[censored] fun, most other people get drunk and [censored] cause they really have nothing to live for, for us its not the case and we should respect that fact that we can do things and make money most others cant. I remember the relentless(almost insane) amount of effort i put into playing poker well. and risking that to have sex with girls you dont pay for and getting drunk is retarded =).

end rant
Old 11-29-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Me and her kinda plan on breaking up then(or by then), so hit me up then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?? Why would you plan on breaking up in like 2 years from now. I guess love doesn't factor into the equation?
Old 11-29-2007, 10:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Me and her kinda plan on breaking up then(or by then), so hit me up then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?? Why would you plan on breaking up in like 2 years from now. I guess love doesn't factor into the equation?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not break up now? Or at least cheat. Seems pointless to not do one or the other.
Closed Thread